Chapter 8

The park was full of people that Sunday. There were parents walking with their children, couples having picnics, friends lying on the grass... It actually felt uncomfortable. It seemed as if Sehun and you were the only one disconnected from all that. You were walking side by side in silence. You didn't know that to say to break the ice and Sehun looked the same. He looked obviously nervous, fidgeting his fingers constantly. You were worried it would be because of you. After all, he was the one to ask you out but again, he probably did it because he felt guilty.

Suddenly, he placed his warm pal over your hand and ran his fingers though yours. Your body tensed slightly and turned your head to look at him, but he wouldn't look back at you; he was just looking straight as if nothing was happened. Your body relaxed and your held his hand back. His touch felt electric. You never imagined that just holding someone's hand could make you feel more than anything you ever had until that moment.

"Oh, it's a living statue", you said pointing at the front. You walked to the place where the man was standing, pulling Sehun with you.

"Looks like you really like this", Sehun said apparently happy of being pulled by you.

"Yes, I used to come here a lot with my father to see the living statues when I was little", you replied.

"You father seems nice", he said. His voice sounded... sad.

"Why? You father wasn't much with you when you were a child?", you asked curious. You didn't know it you were messing things up asking about his father, but you were really curious. You realized you didn't know anything about Sehun. You said to yourself that you were going to try to be at least his friend, and knowing him was the first step.

"Well, he's always been a very strict man. He didn't pay much attention to me when growing", he replied.

He held your hand tighter and sighed.

"Actually, we don't have a good relationship. He thinks I'm wasting my time studying art and insists me on changing my degree", he continued.

"But art is what you like", you replied. You couldn't really understand. Your parents always gave you the freedom to choose whatever you like and couldn't imagine them denying you something like that. "That doesn't really matter to him. He just wants to run my life as he's doing with my brother", he replied. You stayed there for a long time, watching at the living statue as Sehun continued opening up to you.

You couldn't aver your eyes from him as he was talking. You just made a huge mistake judging him. He wasn't just the womanizer you though it was; someone who didn't care about anyone but himself. No, he was more than that. You felt as if you knew him after the moment of intimacy you shared. And then you realized. It was more than a crush for you. It was more real and powerful than anything you could have ever felt for Woohyun or someone else. You decided to have lunch in a little restaurant near the park. You were thrilled. Something had definitely changed between you both. It felt more natural being with him, as if you really could be yourself.

SEHUN'S POV