chapter 43

The sounds of heels clicking against the floor sounds powerful doesn't it?, it gives a sense of pride and speaks in a subtle tone that you better not mess with this person if you value life, doesn't it?, cause that was what kalila has always believed.

For some reason she was having double thoughts about this theory of her's, today the sound of her heels tapping against the floor sounded mundane like it was mourning or was a death lament, it was an announcement of defeat of her brave try to make an escape.

With each step she was getting closer to the mansion's main door, she couldn't help but feel her heart thump louder making it's obvious high pace noticeable to her ears. A sigh escaped kalila's lips as her eyes roamed around the familiar surroundings, everything seemed like yesterday not even a slightest of change could be seen as she made her way inside the house and towards the living room to be greeted by both tom and chris who gave her big smiles.

"There she is." Chris sang in an overly excited smile taking hurried steps towards kalila, he pulled her in a tight bone crushing hug making her chuckle, this wasn't supposed to feel good, returning here, meeting them, but somehow kalila couldn't deny that a part of her had missed every single things about this very damn place and the people here.

"Let her breathe Chris!" Tom scolded placing his hand on Chris shoulder making him pull away from kalila, he seems reluctant about it and the pout on his face just proves it even more, kalila couldn't help the chuckle that passed her lips on seeing them both, bickering as always.

"I didn't miss you." Kalila commented pointing towards Tom who just rolled his eyes trying to keep his lips pressed in a straight line but he was failing terribly at it, kalila couldn't help herself too, she could stop her lips from curving up into a smile.

"I still Don't understand why you did what you did." Tom's voice was soft not above a whisper, kalila tried her best to keep the slight tremble in her body at the mention of the whole escape thing, she tried her best to hold back the grimace minutes away from making an appearance.

"Seemed like the right thing to do." That's all she could manage to let out, a sigh moving past her lips her hand coming up to pinch the bridge of her nose, she hated this feeling why was she feeling guilty in the first place anyone would do what she did, why was it eating her like she had done some kind of betrayal, all this time while she was on a constant run she just never had a single free braincells to check up on the guilt creeping up on her.

"We need rest." Loki's voice resonating from behind kalila made her come back to earth right to loki who was there standing some steps away from her watching the exchange, it has become such a common sight for her to see him being the silent watcher that a part of her had forgot about his presence, not entirely it would be impossible to ignore such an intimidating presence.

A chill ran down kalila's spine when  Tom and chris nodded their heads heading for the door after giving a quick hug to kalila and doing their usual brotherly coded farewell exchange.

The deafening silence settled again, the tense so thick that a knife could cut through it, what was she supposed to say more over what was she supposed to do?, kalila could feel her palms starting to turn sweaty, she couldn't muster the courage to turn and face loki, "take her to the bedroom." To say that it broke kalila heart would be an understatement, Loki's voice being devoid of any emotion and the way he didn't mention her nickname just clawed at her heart.

But why?, She had been running from this very man for months and still she wanted to be recognised by him, to feel that closeness with him she had felt before, exhaling shakily kalila finally mustered the courage to turn around only to come face to face with Loki's retrieving form, her shoulders slumping at the feeling of being pained by that mere action.