chapter 6

Time skip

*three months later. *

"I can't come today boss. " Kalila said with a frown, "but we all want to give you a party ." Kalila's boss said with a whine making her roll her eyes, "seriously boss you are behaving like a little child. " Kalila mumbled while sighing,  "no I am not, you are behaving like a child I mean you got a promotion yet you don't wanna go and party out. " her boss snickered and she gave a scowl to mawra, "I don't like socializing boss. " Kalila said plainly to which her boss sighed, "but.. " her boss started just then the phone was ripped out of her grip and mawra put the phone on speaker,  "come on just let's go I have even set a date for you. " her boss said while Kalila looked at mawra with a 'I never asked him to do that' look while shaking her head and mawra gave her a assuring look, "you don't have to look for one,  she is my daughter and can do it for her. " mawra said while giving Kalila a thumbs up while Kalila face palmed, "aunty...you.. Kalila.. She.. I am sorry. " her boss shuttered while both mawra and Kalila laughed quietly, "I will call you later bye. " her boss said and hanged up while both mawra and Kalila bursted out laughing, "that was cool amma. " Kalila said while holding her stomach, "I can assure you that he wouldn't try that ever again. " mawra assured Kalila while placing a hand on her shoulder,  she nodded then mawra sat down beside her.  "you got promotion? " mawra asked Kalila and she nodded with a smile, "you missed them don't you? " mawra asked Kalila and she nodded as a lone tear slipped her eyes, "it's okay they would be proud of you. " mawra said while rubbing her back and Kalila hugged her tight, "amma I want to live with them but I can't ,what did I do to deserve this amma? What did I do Amma?" Kalila asked mawra while hugging her tight, mawra just patted her back because she knew all she needed at that time was someone to hold onto. "it's okay sweetie, you did nothing wrong it is all the fault in the stars. " mawra comforted her while she kept on crying,  "everyday amma, everyday I just wake up to wonder until when will I keep running like this. " Kalila confessed sniffing and sobbing violently into mawra's embrace, "Sabr (patience)  Kalila sabr, Allah will one day give you all that you deserve. " mawra tried to comfort Kalila till the time she didn't feel asleep after crying for too long.

"ya Allah why do you give such a hard time to such a innocent girl, she did nothing wrong then why are you giving her so much pain? " mawra asked God as she saw Kalila sleeping peacefully , all she had seen in the past months was that Kalila would cry everyday at nights ,it ached her heart to see Kalila this way and she tried her best to get her to forget that but Kalila didn't wanted too let it all go.

*A month later*

"Kalila come here "mawra shouted from the outside and Kalila walked out of her room with a confused look on her face, "what happened amma? " Kalila asked as soon as she appeared from her room, "look who is here. " marwa chirped and Kalila looked up as she was finsih setting the dupatta of her suit, she came across a fairly handsome guy who looked to be in his late twenties,  he was what we call a handsome good looking man according to Indian terms,  well build and well maintained.  "Kalila this is Ali my son and Ali this is Kalila the girl I told you about ." mawra introduced the both and they both smiled at each other with a little awkwardness, "asalamoalikum. " Kalila said with a little nod of her head and Ali smiled back, "Walakumsalam. " he returned the greet with a small hint of blush on his face, "you guys talk I will be back with something for you both. " mawra said with a smile, they both gave her a look pleadingly for her to not leave but she wasn't ready to listen , as soon as mawra disappeared both of them exchanged a awkward smile and then went silent, "let's sit. " Kalila said slowly and Ali nodded in agreement then they both went into the living room and got settled there, "so you are here for holidays? " Kalila asked Ali trying to start up a conversation and to make the awkwardness between them vanish, "yeah it was diwali so we had two days of holidays and momma wanted me to visit since an year at last I had to agree. " Ali said to which Kalila nodded, "she talks a lot about you, like allu was like this and allu was like that, he used to be like that and.. " Kalila was ranting when Ali cut her off, "wait.. Wait.. You know my nickname? " Ali asked her with a Little blush on his cheek and Kalila nodded with a small smile, "ofcourse amma never stops telling about how much she loves her allu. " Kalila said with a big smile and a cute face,  "and she also can't stop ranting about her dear daughter Kali. " Ali said making Kalila chuckle, "seriously dude I get jealous at the fact that she loves you more than me. " Ali said with a little laugh and Kalila laughed too,  "really and I am jealous of you and why wouldn't you stay here with her I mean she is such a lovely lady. " Kalila said with a small pout on her face, Ali found her really cute. "momma was right." Ali said making Kalila turn towards him with confusion all over her face,  "you are cute just the way she said. " Ali said with a smile making Kalila blush, she chuckled and then muttered a thank you, "anyway you know what amma did a few days ago she... " Kalila changed the topic into something related to marwa , Ali and Kalila talked for like and by that Kalila knew that she had found a new friend.