chapter2: Hello Kuoh

A month had passed since Y/n's party, and the Quincy himself had settled down quickly in Kuoh. He had been attending the school for about a week, keeping to himself and avoiding unnecessary interactions. However, there was one person who couldn't seem to leave him alone.

The atmosphere of the town was a refreshing change for Y/n, making him feel like he was experiencing something new, even though he wasn't. Currently, we find him sitting on a bench in the school courtyard, wearing the typical school uniform.

Next to him sat Issei Hyoudou, his only friend at the school. Issei, a peach-skinned boy with messy brown hair and eyes, wore the school uniform with his blazer unbuttoned, revealing a bright red shirt underneath.

Both boys were eating their school lunches, enjoying a brief moment of respite between classes. The chatter of students and the rustling of leaves created a lively background noise.

Issei pointed in the direction of a girl with a decent pair of breasts walking across campus, catching Y/n's attention.

Issei: Look at the honkers on that one.

Y/n glanced in the direction his friend was pointing and shrugged.

Y/n: Eh, they're alright. I've seen bigger, though.

Issei: Oh, you lucky bastard.

Later in the evening, Y/n found himself studying at home, diligently working on his notes for an upcoming test.

Occasionally, he would pause to answer messages on his phone, but his main focus remained on his studies. As he concentrated, he felt a dark, almost evil energy emanating from deep within the city.

Despite his curiosity, he reminded himself that it was none of his business. Thanks to Kisuke's help, he discovered the existence of two devil groups at Kuoh Academy—the Occult Research Club and the Student Council. To maintain peace and focus on his education, he made sure not to release even a sliver of his reiatsu, the spiritual energy unique to Quincy.

Over the past few days, Y/n had noticed multiple individuals with crow-like wings, the fallen angels Kisuke had described. He wasn't sure what they were up to, but he knew they had taken residence in the abandoned church on the outskirts of town.

Suddenly, a powerful amount of reiatsu washed over the area, accompanied by a menacing roar that created an eerie tension in the air.

Y/n: A hollow? What is one doing out here?

Although the hollow wasn't within the town itself, Y/n could still sense its power as it bore down on him. As quickly as it arrived, it disappeared, making Y/n glance out of the window to his left.

He couldn't forget that the reach of the Soul Society extended beyond Karakura Town—it encompassed the entire world. However, Karakura Town had one of the highest concentrations of hollow sightings in history.

Memories from his childhood flashed through Y/n's mind, reminding him of the day he stumbled upon the training grounds for shinigami academy graduates.

He had come face to face with a restrained hollow, its limbs bound by kido. It had almost devoured his soul, saved only by his mother's intervention.