chapter19: Path to bankai.

The soul society was a nice place y'know outside the countless of souls sitting outside the serietei in poverty while the shinigami inside lived comfortably but outside of that it was a nice place.

I mean at least it wasn't hueco Mundo the realm of hollows. Where your own race would rather eat you and take your power to make themself stronger then talk to you.

In the fourth division of the serietei sitting outside a traditional looking Japanese home was a woman with ocean blue eyes. She had a cream colored complexion and had raven colored hair ties into a long braid that fell down her chest right over the valley between her breasts.

She wore a shinigami shihakusho and a white Haori with a symbol on the back of it signifying her status as a member of the gotei 13.

This woman was sitting down in a kneeling position holding a cup of tea in her hands looking down at a black cat that sat before her with it's hazel eyes burning into her blue ones

This cat just so happened to be yoruichi shihonin that went to the soul society to talk to retsu unohana aka Y/n's mother.

Yoruichi: He still hasn't been found. I'm not sure if he's alive in that place or not.

Retsu: He's alive. I know he is.

Yoruichi: But how could you be so sure?

Retsu: Because I know the man who ordered him to be brought there. I know what he wants with him and I know that he won't kill Y/n not when he proves to be useful to his goals.

Yoruichi: And what would that be?

Retsu: To help him crush the soul society under his heels.

Yoruichi: So that's what their goals are.

Retsu: Indeed. He won't die there even if I have to invade the kingdom myself to make sure of it.

Yoruichi: I see. But how would you do that?

Retsu: All it will take is me, the head captain, and an old friend who was locked away in muken centuries ago.

(I'm sure some of you know who I'm talking about.)

Timeskip.

It was night time in the wandenreich and most of the Sternritter were either sleeping or Doing their own thing.

Meanwhile in a certain dorm in the Sternritter estate Y/n could be seen holding his zanpakuto in his hands.

He hadn't used his zanpakuto in days and he could feel the irritation of Ketsueki sasaka due to him not using her power.

He closed his eyes and brought himself into his inner world.

He spotted his zanpakuto spirit just balancing on a the handle of a sword sticking out the blood ocean.

She has her arms crossed and her eyes closed as she breathed heavily.

Y/n: What are you doing?

Ketsueki: Meditating. What do you want?