Chapter 14

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Recap of the last chapter:

"Fight!"

You said out loud regaining your posture. You stood up and dusted your kimono.

"I will fight for my freedom!"

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

You walked through the path trying to find the culprit

You walked through the path trying to find the culprit. You indeed were shaken by the bloodied way but you had to endure it.

The more you moved forward, the less blood was splattered until the path was all clean again. You continued to strive further.

(***On the seventh day***)

Nothing.

You found nothing.

The forest was quiet for a while now, as if there was no life in there.

There was no sign of any humans or demons.

As if an entity swallowed the lives in here.

"I should be out of here before the sun rises." You spoke giving up. You walked forward. From the distance, a huge mushed thing crawled within the shadows. And as for you, you did not look back and give it another try if the forest was really empty.

"I think I got everyone in here. Gyah! I can't believe I have to spend another year in this hellish place and wait to kill Urokodaki's students! I have seen none this year!" The hand demon grumbled as he crawled for shade since the sun will come out soon.

You walked and walked until you spotted some purple flowers in the distance. A sigh of relief escaped your lips when you realized that you have survived the final selection.

You started to walk to the trees and hoped to find the examination gathering area soon.

You soon spotted stairs and you did not hesitate to climb up. The sun has raised marking the end of the final selection.

You saw no one in there except for the fancy-dressed girl waiting patiently.

"Welcome back. I'm glad you are safe. Now I will guide you through the rules." She spoke.

"Hold on! I think other survivors must be on their way. So.. can we wait?" You asked a bit unsure why the place is empty. And at this point, you forgot your identity since you were so worried about others.