Chapter 20

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Recap of the last chapter:

'I didn't expect to bond with him but at least I know he is happy with the interaction just now.' You thought with a smile under your mask.

"Now I have to sleep!" You announced and searched for a place.

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Finally, you managed to find an abandoned house and decided that it would make a comfortable place for a nap

Finally, you managed to find an abandoned house and decided that it would make a comfortable place for a nap. You sat on the porch of the large house and leaned against the pillar. Your eyelids were half closed and soon, you were sleeping.

Time passes by and soon you wake up. "That was a good nap." You remarked yawning. "Now I need to write a letter to Sabito and Giyuu so they can stop worrying about me."

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Dear Sabito and Giyuu,

I hope everyone is doing fine over there. I want to tell you that I am doing well, so no need to worry. I have finished my first two missions so far and I already have some information about the emperor. My suspicions were confirmed and he is indeed a demon, but one that is favored by Kibutsuji gives me more reason to end him. Now I must try my finest to find this monster and make sure not to let the economy collapse. I guess it will take me years to accomplish this but at least no more lives will be taken, I guess.

I will be heading to my third mission today. Chiko didn't assign now me but I know I'll be heading since he was about to assign me this early morning but I needed rest.

I hope this letter has reached you. Make sure to work hard since the Final Selection is no joke and at the same time don't overwork yourselves. And also let the sensei know about this.

~Kamado (name)

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

"CAW! CAW!!" You heard your crow. "Head to the Yamadera in the northeastern of Yamagata city! Rumors of monks disappearing in the temple of the mountain!" He informed.

"I will head there! And can you do me a favor?" You asked as he nodded.

(Yamadera is a temple located in the mountains which are located northeast of Yagamata city. You can see a beautiful view up there.)

You took the folded letter and gave it to Chiko. "You know to whom you need to send this." You said as he nodded and grabbed the letter. Soon, he flew away with it.