Chapter 32

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Recap of the last chapter:

"My first actual mission other than patrolling after becoming a pillar, nice."

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

You took slight notice of the huge entrance that will scare away a passerby but to you, it wasn't intimidating except for the thought of an old soul jumping on you

Chasing away the fear with a determined look, you went in without any hesitations and face the demon lurking in the establishment. As you walked through the entrance, the cold chilly atmosphere surrounded you making your breath stop.

'I hope I don't run into any souls.' You thought glancing at the dark surroundings. "Shit, it's too dark around." You softly spoke and tried to look around for something. "Shit. I have to endure this." You cursed and walked but your foot hit something which made you wince in pain as some notice of metal was heard upon the impact.

"Huh?!" A fear raised in you and you kneeled. You started to grope around in the hope of finding something. Soon, your fingers softly brushed against something cold and you immediately took it in your hands.

You tried to see what it was but the dark atmosphere refused to shine the light leaving you no choice but to feel it and check what it was. Brushing your hand against the item, you also felt glass covering the majority of the space on one side.

'A lamp, perhaps?!' You thought and then groped the opposite side of the glass in the hope for find the switch. Your eyes light up as soon as you found them. Without giving it a second thought, you flipped it and the lamp flashed a bright light filling up the area in the light.

It blinded you for a moment but you quickly adjusted to the bright light. You looked around the mansion in search of the demon you were assigned to eliminate. For half of the hour, there was nothing in the mansion until you heard some intense footsteps upstairs.

Your heart started to beat rapidly as you ran to the floor above. You shined your lamp in the hallway with your eyes too focused on the area, waiting for the slightest movement. You were waiting for it until the sound of something crashing on the wooden floor caught your attention and it was from downstairs. Your grip on the lamp tightened as your breath stopped for a bit.

You dashed through the hallways and to the floor below and found some huge marks that resembles one of the beast's claws. The floor was just as you left it except for the claw marks on the walls.