Chapter 22

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Recap of the last chapter:

"CAW!! CAW!! Head to your next mission!" He yelled again.

You nodded and left the mansion after exchanging bye to the locksmith.

"What's the next destination?"

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

"Head to the town nearby

"Head to the town nearby. A rumor of ghost in an abandoned inn." Chiko assigned.

You nodded in reply and followed after the flying crow.

It wasn't long before you reached the town. People walked on the streets minding their own business.

But they were a bit weirded out by your intimidating presence due to you wearing a mask and being covered by a cloak wrapped around your neck like a scarf.

You didn't mind them because you knew well that you would make them uncomfortable.

It was noon so it was a long wait for you to battle the demon who was residing at the inn.

You walked through the streets searching for the haunted inn the locals talked of.

Soon, the abandoned inn came into view. Shivers ran down your spine at the creepy atmosphere surrounding the inn.

 'I should investigate it no matter what!' You thought regaining the confidence and heading in through the grand gate.

As you walked by the path, a woman sprinted away exiting the inn. You could see her face filled with shock and fear.

The huge inn felt intimidating by its huge structure. You could feel your heart racing with fear but soon, you overcame it and walked forward through the path.

The entrance of the structure looked fancy with its expensive decors. Walking through, yet another grand gate, you were introduced to a vast hall.

Your fear has now changed to the admiration of the beautiful hall. Your eyes glistened as you stared at it in awe.

"Welcome to the local inn! How can we help?" A voice snapped you out. You looked toward the source of the voice to find a woman with a smile plastered on her face.

'A receptionist.' You assumed.

"A room for a night, please." You said in a falsetto. "Alright! Give me a few minutes. I'll be right back for your room's key!" She said and walked away.