Chapter 13

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Recap of the last chapter:

"Mount. Fujikasane. Got it!" You noted.

"Make sure to return safely," Urokodaki said. You nodded in return.

You started walking while waving your hand in the air. 'I must return.'

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

You walked the long way and soon reached your destination at the end of the day

You spotted a long staircase leading up. You climbed up and it sure was long. Not too long after, you soon spotted wisteria flowers. You walked through them and it led you to the area filled with different participants.

"So many." You whispered amazed by their numbers. You walked around getting absorbed in the surroundings. You also noticed people giving you weird looks. Well. they aren't wrong tho. You wore a cloak covering from your head to your torso and a kitsune mask covering your face.

"Greetings everyone." A voice spoke gaining your attention. You looked toward the owner of the voice and saw a girl standing there.

(I don't know any events like who was there hosting the selection of that time so I'm putting the most possible person I can and he is Kagaya. And please ignore the 'she' I'm using since I'm writing what (name) sees)

She is very well dressed as if she's almost a doll. "Thank you for gathering tonight for the final selection. Mount. Fujikasane holds demons that swordsmen have captured alive. Demons hate wisteria flowers which bloom here even out of season. These flowers cover the mountain from its foot to halfway up the slope. However, from that point on, wisteria flowers do not bloom so demons abound. You must survive for seven days here. So now, take care." She bowed.

You took it as a sign to leave. You then joined the other examiners in the dark forest. You were first got greeted by the darkness around you and then by the hungry creatures called demons.

"Finally some human to feast on!" It roared as it jumped at you. You quickly took out your sword and took a deep breath.

"Total concentration. Water breathing. First form: Water surface slash"

You generated enough momentum to slash the demon's head. He soon starts to throw tantrums and curse at you. You looked at him blankly since it was the first demon you have seen. The way he threw tantrum made it clear to you that they don't care about the lives they take. They will do anything to fill their stomach. You saw him disintegrate to pieces.