Chapter 31

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Recap of the last chapter:

"It's alright. We can understand. Be safe." Hinatsuru waved. You gave a light bow and left the estate.

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

You quickly head to the village to see a demon trying to devour a pedestrian

You quickly head to the village to see a demon trying to devour a pedestrian. You unsheathed your sword and sliced its head from its body.

"Are you okay?" You asked the civilian in falsetto. They nodded and quickly left in fear which made you shrug since they might be traumatized.

"CAW!! CAW!!" Chiko yelled grasping your attention. "Head back to the butterfly estate!!" He announced and you looked at his flying figure confused.

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

You reached the and saw Kanae waiting for your arrival. "You called me?" You asked. "About time! I called you so we can discuss building your estate!" She exclaimed.

"My what now?" You asked, confused. "Yes! You are a pillar now and every Pillar has their estate built with their personal choice of decor and location." She explained. "I..." Yes. You are speechless at how great the demon slayer corps is.

"Mmm... Okay!" You agreed.

"I want a room, a library exactly! I want different maps of Japan with every single city, village, and every place. I also want some notebooks to keep track of my investigation and some basic stationery. The estate shouldn't be that big and it should be built away from human civilization and built in a secret location only the corps members know. I hope this wasn't too much for me to ask." You said.

You looked over to Kanae with a surprised expression. "Eh? What's wrong?" You asked getting a bit worried since she was quiet. "Ah okay! I will forward your request to the Kakushis. Wait here!" She said and left.

You tilted your head confused but shook it off.

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Chiko assigned a town to patrol and the people there were friendly even though your appearance was intimidating. You got popular around the town in a matter of hours which left you surprised.

"Hello! Can you get my kite back? It got stuck on the roof?" A child spoke with a sad expression. You nodded patting him on his head. You followed the child and he brought you to the street where the kite got stuck.