Chapter 17: I'm Not In Love With Him

Chapter 17:

"I'm not in love with him." I said, pacing around my bedroom. "I am not in love with him. No, I'm not." I kept repeating the same thing over and over. Breanna and Lily had pretty much infected my head with the thought of me being in love with Niall and him feeling the same way. I couldn't think about that.

"Hey Cass?" I froze, mid-pace, as I heard Niall's voice from the other side of the door. 

"Yeah?" I answered as I opened the door. I was just praying that he didn't hear anything that I had said or else I'd have some serious explaining to do. My hands were shaking. What if he did hear me? I'd pretty much die.

Niall smiled. "I thought we could go get some lunch together. Just the two of us this time. Not with the boys or Macy or anyone. Just you and me. We haven't had enough time to spend together even if you're rooming in my flat with me." Okay good, so he didn't hear. Thank the heavens. That would've been a disaster because I wasn't in the state to explain something I couldn't.

"That sounds really nice. Just give me ten minutes and I'll be right out." I grinned. Niall nodded his head and left me to it. I already had the day's clothes on so I quickly did my makeup and grabbed my phone. 

"Ready?" Niall questioned. He had been eating some ice cream and was in the process of throwing it away. 

"I thought we were going to lunch dummy." I laughed. 

"Doesn't mean I'm not hungry anymore." Niall shrugged. Same ol' Niall right there. Always hungry. I used to tease him about getting fat, but let me tell you this. He had some rock hard abs and there was no denying it. 

"C'mon. Let's go." 

Niall ended up taking me to a small cafe around the corner which only had a few people inside. Mostly college students, cramming in some study time with a cup of coffee. Some were the elderly and others were middle-aged people, taking a break from work and life itself. 

"Don't want anyone mobbing us on our day together right?" Niall said. "And trust me, there are probably girls lining up in Nando's thinking I'm going to be there."

"This is perfect Ni. I like it." I said as we were seated down at a table next to the window. I glanced down at the menu, finding almost everything mouth watering. 

After a few minutes, a waitress came to take our order. She was young, but older than the two of us. Maybe around the age of twenty-two or so. "Hi, my name's Anne. What can I get for ya?" She smiled in a nice and friendly manner. I liked this place already. 

"The usual." Niall said to her. So he had come here more than once. He must be a regular customer if people knew his "usual."

"Um, I'll just get what he gets because whatever he eats must be good." I told Anne. She chuckled as she wrote everything down. 

"Be right back with you with your drinks!" Anne chirples as she walked away.

"So you come here often?" I asked as I sipped my Pepsi. 

Niall nodded. "I come over here if I need a break from Macy or I just wanna be alone. You're the first person I've taken here." I turned my head away and coughed into my elbow so he wouldn't see my reddening cheeks. Yes, I was blushing. 

"Oh that's nice." I said. "I'll keep your lil secret if either they boys or Macy ask for you." I winked at him. 

"Thanks."

***

After we had eaten our lunch together and talked...a lot, we took a walk outside on the isolated streets. It was the smaller part of London that wasn't so busy. Mostly newly wed couples or couples with toddlers lived around the area so few asked Niall for an autograph. It was calmer in this part of London and I loved it.