Chapter 39: Bridget's In Town

Hint: It's not what you think :)

Chapter 39:

It was the day Niall was supposedly coming back home for two days. I was already settled in, with everything already in place and it truly did look like we were moved in together...well I guess we were, but Niall didn't know that yet.

I wondered how he'd react. He'd been wanting this for so long, and I had just now given into him. What if he didn't want me here anymore?

No, I had to get those thoughts out of my head. This was Niall we were talking about here. He had begged, pleaded, and nearly cried just for me to stay with him here in London, and now here I was. I just hoped that I wouldn't regret it. What would happen when he resumed his tour though? He rarely had breaks, so this was just lucky on my part. I guess I'd be able to fly out and see him, but I hated planes now. I had never taken so many plane flights in the past year. 

I was already settled on the couch with a bowl of popcorn in my lap, waiting Niall's arrival. Checking my phone, I realized he'd be here any minute. Charley had texted me half an hour earlier that she had gone to the airport to pick up Liam to drive him home (as a surprise of course) and had texted me that the plane just landed and that Niall would be on his way.

As time went on, I got a bit worried since Niall hadn't arrived back yet. He probably just went to get some food or something. It wasn't that big of a deal- right? I didn't want to be that jealous and worrisome girlfriend (except I wasn't exactly his girlfriend so I didn't know why I was making such a big deal) but I couldn't help myself. 

After waiting for quite a bit of time, I heard the doorknob jiggle and the key go in. However, I realized that Niall wasn't alone. 

He came in first, with a suitcase in tow. He had a coat on and he was laughing about something with the pretty brunette girl who came in strolling right after him. 

8 Hours Earlier Niall's P.O.V.

"Two days of freedom! Imagine the things we could do with two full days!" Louis said, sarcasm dripping from every word, "I mean a week is good. But two days is like, 'here's a small break and once you unpack you're gonna have to pack again because we're gonna leave again' and I would like more than two days to spend with my girlfriend."

"That's why you don't unpack," Liam rolled his eyes.

"You're so logical that it's annoying," Louis retorted.

"I respect Lily so much for putting up with you Louis," Liam joked. Sure it was a hassle to date Louis, not that I knew or anything, but when he was around Lily, he actually acted kinda normal. It was kind of strange because it was in really rare cases that he'd actually function like a regular human being. 

"Everyone has their girlfriends. Blah blah blah, shut up," I grumbled, "no need to rub it in my face that you guys have a love life and I don't."

"You just gotta wait for the right girl," Zayn nudged my shoulder with his, "it's not the end of the world because Cassy doesn't wanna move in with you. It could still be her, but you just gotta work at it with a long distance relationship."

"She doesn't want a long distane relationship," I sighed, "so I'm probably going to invite someone down to London for the two day break while all of you guys go have fun with your girlfriends because I refuse to third wheel with anyone."

"Nah, you can join Francine and me," Harry grinned, "it's not like we'll be snogging the whole time."

"Ha- that's a funny joke," I cracked a grin, "but we all know you two can't keep your hands off each other. That's why the two of you chose to sit alone. In the back of the movie theater. In the corner. We know what goes on there."