Chapter 24: Back In Ireland

Chapter 24:

I cried.

I cried as I boarded the plane, ignoring the confused looks of the people I walked past. I managed to get a pretty bad seat, near the middle of the plane right in front of the restroom. I also had the pleasure of sitting next to a teen boy listening to rock music as loudly as he could as well as a man that had been sleeping ever since I boarded the plane.

As the plane took off, I wiped my tears and kept telling myself that what I was doing was right. If Niall needed to tell me something, he should've told me before I purchased my ticket and before I took off on this damn airplane. Unfortunately, I was wondering what he needed to tell me. What he wanted to say. I knew that this would bug me for the rest of my miserable life. The one where I'd be stuck living alone with no friends and no family of my own.

Maybe a cat or two. Maybe a rabbit or hamster.

The ride seemed to drag on and I found myself absent mindedly looking out the window that was only open because the man sitting next to the window was fast asleep and would probably stay asleep until some flight attendant came by to wake him up form his deep slumber. 

Would my mother even take me back in? After all, she never liked Niall and she would rub it in my face that he and I would never be together ever again. She'd tell me that she new all along that it'd never work out because he was a different person. 

And I just hated the fact that she always had to be right. I hated the fact that she was always right and I hated how she'd hold everything against me.

But I missed my dad and Jonathan as well. I had been in London far too long and although I made new friends, I missed my family.

I couldn't sleep either, since the man next to be snored too loudly and the teen on my other side had the rock music turned up so high that I was pretty sure that anyone three rows ahead and behind couldn't fall asleep either. The two males hogged the armrests as well. 

I listened to music the rest of the plane ride, skipping over any One Direction song I came across. In my depressing moods, I tended to listen to slow songs to calm me down, like Ed Sheeran. That man could sing like an angel and his album was pretty much the definition of perfection.

I guess I could say the same with Niall, but the two of us weren't exactly on best terms at the moment. I tried not to think of him, but that was hard since we spent so much time together recently. It would be hard to adjust to my days without seeing him, but I had survived two years hadn't I? 

I had survived two years when he was famous, gone, and me forgotten from his mind. Except that I wasn't. He had actually told me that he remembered me all that time, missed me, and still cared for me. Bullshit, that was all it was. 

If I could survive two years, I could survive an eternity.

The hours passed, dragged on, and finally I felt the plane descend. It startled the sleeping man next to me enough to wake him for a good minute before he reverted back to his other unconcious state. The rock boy next to be groaned in frustration when the flight attendant demanded that he shut off his iPod so he silently sat next to me, avoiding any eye contact. He had his hands folded on his lap over his devices.

The plane landed roughly, almost making me want to vomit, but I held myself together until the plane finally came to a gradual stop. We stayed there for a bit until they finally released us and I couldn't be happier to be back in Ireland. Well...

As I had predicted, the man sitting next to me didn't wake up again. I decided to wait behind until everyone else left the plane until I left as well. The rock boy, however, got up as soon as he could and didn't care that he shoved a little six year old kid over to get off the plane.