Chapter 9: Leaving Mullingar

Chapter 9:

I stared at the door for so long. Niall didn't even say a word yet. He let me be at first, staring at the door in utter shock. Then to our surprise, it opened. Afraid it was Mom, I turned to walk away, but it was only my little brother. His hair was ruffled up and his eyes looked tired. He had waited for me to come home which meant...he knew what was going to happen to me. 

"I tried to talk her out of it, but she's been weird lately. She hasn't been the same for a while. I really did try even if I kinda do want your room." Jonathan said. 

"It's alright. I'll live." I shrugged. 

"Hey Jon." Niall said to my little brother. 

Jonathan smiled up at Niall. "Hey."

"Mom's never gone this far before. Does Dad even know?" I questioned. 

"No, and I know he'll be angry. He went on a business trip this afternoon and when I tried to contact him, he told me he was busy and couldn't talk. I guess he'll figure it out when he comes home." Jonathan said. 

"I'm gonna be a hobo." I said. "That's just great." I had sarcasm dripping from my words. Even the dumbest person would catch it. 

"Cass, you can just stay with me for a bit. I wouldn't mind." Niall offered. 

I couldn't accept that! I sounded needy and...needy. "No Niall." Plus there was Macy. "I can't do that."

"Yes you can."

"No I can't."

"Yeah you can."

"No I can't."

"God dammit, do you want to be a homeless person on the streets begging for money Cassy? Take Niall's offer while it stands!" Jonathan said. 

"What happens when you go back to London? I'm just gonna be there alone and then...well I'm not exactly capable of living alone. I tend to break things and-"

"When I go to London, you come with me." Niall said. "Ha, problem solved."

"I can't go to London!" I argued. London was a country away. I've never been outside of Ireland. Never. 

"Why not?" Niall asked. 

"Because...because I can't be too far from Jonathan!" 

"Yeah you can." Jonathan said. "I'm thirteen not three."

"But-"

"You've always wanted to go to London though." Jonathan said. 

"See, then you can check something off your bucket list." Niall agreed with my little brother. It was like a two against one fight. It was a totally unfair advantage. 

"JUST GO!" Jonathan said. "It's not like I'm never gonna see you again." He had a point there. It wasn't like I was going away forever. I'll think of it as a vacation (and a way to show my mother that I would not be at her doorstep in a week).

"Alright. Fine." I agreed. "Are you sure it's okay Niall?"

"I'm sure. We should get back to my place before-" All of a sudden, an ear piercing scream came from Niall's back pocket. I cringed at the sound as Niall said multiple sorries and lifted the phone to his ear. My god it was his ringtone. Who would be so bad that he- Oh wait.

I could hear loud screaming from the other side and I could tell who it was. Well I'm pretty sure you already know. 

Macy. 

"Babe why aren't you home yet!" She whined. 

"I just got caught up. I'm sorry!" Niall said. 

"What are you doing? Cheating on me with her? Niall, baby come home." Macy said. I could almost see the pout on her face.