Chapter 25: Getting The Girl

Apparently, I wrote the whole entire last chapter with no dialogue...WHOOOOAA! I didn't know that I could do that...

Chapter 25:  

Two weeks. I never thought two weeks would be that long, but news flash. It was. I had visited my family, but only on days when my mom would go to work leaving my dad with my little brother because I was still afraid to face up to her. She was one crazy woman, that was just a fact. 

But two weeks. That's not that long, but being away from Niall, it felt like eternity.  

Cliche, yes. But no matter how cliche and cheesy it sounded, it was the truth. I wanted to deny that I didn't miss him, but he invaded my thoughts all the time. I couldn't get him out of my head. I would imagine his smile, the way it would light up the room. I would imagine his eyes, so bright and blue and clear. I would imagine his laugh, the sound ringing in my ears.  

And I had to admit, I missed him terribly.  

I missed all the girls as well and the rest of the members of One Direction. They were such great friends to me and it was hard to part with them and I in a way, I regretted ever leaving them. I missed them.  

"Bye Dad, bye Jonathan," I kissed Dad on the cheek and ruffled Jonathan's hair. It had been too long.  

"Now that you're back," Jonathan said, "I don't miss you that much anymore. I think I've already got enough Cassy for another few months." 

"I'll see you soon alright? Unless you prefer me to move to Australia for the rest of my life with kangaroos and koalas."  

"If you do end up going, bring me back a koala. I've always wanted to touch one," Jonathan said.  

I rolled my eyes and said my goodbyes once more before leaving towards my car. I never knew what to do with my days anymore. I could go get a job, but I knew that I would just end up getting fired so I decided to wait a little before I actually put myself in a position where I had obligations. I still had to find something I enjoyed doing and that hasn't happened just yet.

I missed everyone in London and the feeling of always having something to do. I now realized exactly why Niall wanted to leave, to do something more with his life, rather than just to get a normal job. He pursued in a career that he loved and enjoyed.

And me? I was bound to be forever stuck in Mullingar for the rest of my life with a sad job at McDonald's, not that I was really surprised. 

I entered the flat and threw my bag on the floor. I sat down on the couch, ready to turn on the TV, but my laptop was on with someone giving me a Skype call. I set down the remote and picked my laptop up so it rested on my lap.

It was Breanna.

I accepted the call. It took a while to load and when it did, Breanna's face was all distorted and blurry, but Skype calls were like that. 

Her face finally got clearer and we could finally speak. "Hey Breanna," I smiled, "how's London without me?"

"Oh the usual," Breanna rolled her eyes, "really boring. Since you left, I swear Macy's getting worse and worse. You know she recently got a spray tan and I mistakened her for a carrot twice already! And her pink clothes have gone neon and she hurts my eyes. And I'm pretty sure right now you really don't want to hear about Macy..."

"A carrot? Why doesn't she just go to Australia, get a tan there, and come back? Or does she not want to ruin her fair complexion?" I rolled my eyes and Breanna giggled from the other line.

"That's pretty much it. Niall's been lonely I guess. Whenever we go to Nando's, he never wants to tag along and he doesn't come out much anymore. I swear he's a hermit now. So...how bout you come back?"