Chapter 14: A Grumpy Day

Chapter 14:

Niall's P.O.V.

"Cass, are you sure you'll be alright alone in the flat?" I asked. Cass was sprawled on the couch, holding her phone inches from her face. I felt like she wasn't even listening to me. "Cass?"

"I heard you. I was just in an intense game of Temple Run 2. I suck." Cass said and threw her phone on the other side of the couch. "I'll be fine, Ni. It's not a big deal."

She sounded almost snappy...almost as if she were ready to bite my head off. She had that tired look on her face. The kind of look that spelled out if you bother me I'll kill you. This meant one thing. It was her time of the month. I knew how Cass acted like when the time came around. She's okay at first, but if you push a button that ticks her off, she'll explode.

"Cass-"

"Go do your shit. I don't really care. I'm just gonna stay here." Cass said. She groaned as she reached for her phone then collapsed back against the pillows once more.

"Okay..." I said. I was reluctant to go though since Cass was like a dragon at this time. I was afraid if I left the flat for a period of a couple of hours, she'd burn down the whole entire complex when I came back.

Cass gave the glare. "Okay, I'm leaving!" I nodded my head towards her. I then proceeded to grab my coat, since it was a bit chilly outside, and stuffed my phone into the pockets along with some money. "Call me if you need me."

"Whatever." I heard Cass mutter before I closed the door behind me.

I was running late to a meeting with management so rushing to my car was the only option. People gave me quizzical looks since I was doing that peculiar run-walk thing.

I slid into the car and cranked up the heater.

I remember first getting my driver's lisence and how hard it was to purchase a car. It wasn't hard as in picking a color and model, but hard as in the memories cars gave me.

At the time I had gotten a car, I didn't know Cass was even alive. I had thought she was either still hanging on through machines hooked onto her body or buried six feet under the ground. Remebering the car crash, fresh in my memory then, was the hardest thing ever.

Driving a car in general always made me go back to that dreadful day. The day that I almost - just almost - lost the one person that ever really understood me and knew me and well...loved me for me. She was a girl that I had known before the fame, before all the chaos.

Before I was controlled by a bunch of controlling freaks.

Which brought me to my next point.

Management.

I parked in front of the building with a hood over my head. Just walking on the street for me was dangerous. Fans were everywhere. It's not like I didn't want to see them. It was just that I was really late and management would probably kill me.

I did that run-walk thing into the building and five minutes later, I was being yelled at by management about being late.

None of the other boys were here because the subject of interest was...well me.

"You have got to stop being so irresponsible and actually get here on time. Don't blame it on traffic. You're just late."

Usually, I'd make up more excuses. Truthfully, I was just a bit too tired for this. I sat in a chair and was lectured by one member of the One Direction management team. I didn't make an effort to argue because...it was true.

"So can we please get to the point of why I'm here at nine in the morning?" I asked. I should be eating breakfast right now.

"It's about you and Macy." Dave, the head of the management team told me.