Chapter 19: Love Hurts

Chapter 19:

"Cass, wake up." Someone whispered softly into my ear. I giggled, feeling the warm breath on my ear. I then swatted someone's face because I didn't want to wake. I was in the state of being half asleep and half awake.

"Go away." I mumbled. 

"What if I told you this was Niall?" 

"I'd say, go run to your little bitch." I rubbed my eyes and stared into the familiar blue ones. Niall's. I just called his girlfriend a bitch to his face. I was too stunned to speak.

"I don't have a female dog to run to." Niall smirked. "Now get up, I'm taking you home. Charley let me in if you must know. You both look like shit."

"Thanks. That just made my day a whole lot better." I sarcastically said. "But I don't want to get up. If you want me to get off this couch, you're going to have to carry me out."

I didn't think he'd actually carry me out. I was satisfied and curled up in a little ball and clutched a pillow to my chest. I was tired.

But I felt warm arms scoop me up and I accidently dropped the pillow. I found myself in Niall's muscular arms which looked different than they did when we were sixteen. He used to be lanky and his hair was a bit on the wild side. 

"No," I groaned, "put me down."

"You said I'd have to carry you out if I want to get you out of here." Niall said. "So I am. Charley, can you open the door for me?"

I heard the door open and Niall walked through the front door. "My stuff. Where's my stuff?"

"I have your phone and key and all that junk. Your clothes too. And you can give Charley her clothes back next time you see her since you're too lazy to change too huh?"

"Mmhm."

I saw Charley at the front door. "Traitor." I said.

You love him, she mouthed to me. She shut the door.

Well then. 

"Where's Macy?" I grumbled. "You know, the person you ditched me for."

I didn't even try to hide the fact that I was angry with Niall. I shouldn't have to hide in the shadows and let him and Macy walk over me like I'm a worthless piece of junk. It was like everyone said, it was time for me to stand up for myself. I couldn't just let Macy's comments get to me and I couldn't let Niall bring me down.

"She went home," Niall told me, "she went home right after you left because I told her to."

"Can you put me down now. I'm not an invalid," I mumbled.

Niall stopped. "Promise not to run off back to Charley and actually go back home?" Niall asked. Why should he care? I didn't mean anything to him anyways.

But I agreed nevertheless. "Yeah yeah, just put me down."

Niall set me back on my feet and I walked beside him out of the building Charley's flat was in. His car was parked at the front so at least I didn't have to walk too far. I was never the brightest in the morning. 

"And my home isn't London. It's Mullingar and I miss home. I miss my brother and I miss my father," I sighed. Leaving home was hard, but it was necessary. Mom basically disowned me and kicked me out of the house without letting Dad know. And Jonathan, I missed my little brother to bits.

"How about your mother?" Niall questioned. He opened the passenger side of his car for me and I slid in. "Do you not miss her either?"

"I miss her," I responded, "but not nearly as much as Jonathan and Dad. Mullingar's my home and it's just weird being surrounded by so many British people."