Chapter 18: Macy's Just Trouble

Chapter 18:

Niall's P.O.V.

Cass stumbled into the flat like she was drunk, but she's just energetic. All I could hear were her giggles. She had a hard grip on my arm and pulled me into the flat. 

"That. Was. So. Much. Fun." Cass laughed. "We should do that more often?"

"Did someone drug you...or did you consume some kind of alcohol?" I asked. Cass shook her head, but she had a wide grin stuck on her face.

"Of course not!"

"NIALL?" I heard a familiar voice screech. Cass's smile immediately evaporated and her energy seemed to be sucked away. Macy stepped into the room...in lingerie I might add. Her lips were covered in red lipstick and her blonde hair was in perfect ringlets. It wasn't that she looked bad...it was just that she looked like a prostitute. "Cassandra." Macy said and narrowed her eyes at Cass. She snatched a blanket off the couch and glared at Cass. Her lips were drawn in a tight line and it almost looked like she was about to pounce.

Cass looked at me and her eyes saddened. "I'm just going to go now. I think I'm going to stay at Breanna's or Lily's or Charley's or Francine's. Macy, I'll be right out as soon as I can pack my bags." I told her.

Macy's eyes looked like slits by now. "Don't even bother. I bet one of your friends will let you borrow something."

"Macy!" I scolded. 

"You know what?" Cass said and looked me directly in the eyes. "I think I will go. Niall, have fun with your girlfriend. I hope you have fun making babies together." It was the first time I heard her so mad...so angry. It was the first time I saw thunder in her eyes. 

"Cass-"

She slammed the door behind her.

"Macy, what did you do?" 

"I got rid of the only thing that was keeping our relationship from getting more serious." Macy said, trying to put up her best puppy face she could muster. However, when it came to Macy, I never fell for it. 

I pushed her slightly off of me. I took her hands that were starting to unbutton my shirt off of my chest. I looked her straight in the eyes. "What if...I don't want to get more serious Macy? Why are you taking this so seriously? Did you forget that this relationship isn't real?" No matter how bad I felt saying these words to Macy, I knew it was necessary. 

Macy was the only person keeping me from Cass though and all I wanted was Cass. But what got me thinking was...what if I was took late? I left her in her time of need. She was in a car accident and was put in a coma because of me, not matter how much she tries to deny it was my fault. Her mother was right. I was the blame for everything. 

"You dick." Macy spat and slapped my face. I held my hand to my face where it stung. "Can't you see it though? Your precious Cassandra doens't want anything to do with you! All she sees you as is her best friend! You're being friendzones by your ex girlfriend. Just forget about her Niall. She's not worth it. It's time you move on." 

"Put your clothes on and leave." I said. I didn't look into her eyes. She huffed and all I could hear were her footsteps stomping away and out the door. She took my blanket with her. 

Management would kill me. Kick me out of the band. What could I do though? I bet management didn't know what I was feeling. This sick feeling called love. It just ruins everything that comes across its path. 

No matter how much I hated love though, it was the one thing I desired the most. Cass...you're doing it to me all over again. 

Cassandra's P.O.V.