Chapter 22: Please Stay

Chapter 22: 

"You've been avoiding him for a week, Cass. Don't you think you should at least talk to him? Francine asked. We sat next to each other on her bed since I had crashed at her place for a week already. There were magazines sprawled around us and some landed on the floor. We were bored so we just got every magazine Francine owned and read about it, trying to find some weird rumor the press made about One Direction.  

"No," I replied, "it'd be too awkward. Are you trying to get rid of me? Fine, I'll go stay at Lily'a then."  

"I'm not kicking you out," Francine chuckled, "I just wish you would reason with the lad. You know he's been giving me calls wishing to speak to you, but then I hear that whiny Barbie in the background and I hang up. God I can't stand Macy's voice. When I hear it, I have this desperate need to pull my hair out." 

"Don't do that. Your hair's too gorgeous to be lost by some stupid cause, especially one that starts with an M, ends with a Y, and as an A and a C in the middle." 

"But I'm serious, he won't stop calling me." As Fran said those words, her phone went off on one of Harry's solos in their first single, What Makes You Beautiful.  

Francine reached across a mound if magazines and rolled her eyes as she looked at her phone. It kept ringing and she showed me who it was.  

Niall.  

"Hello? Is Cassy here?" 

I gestured for her to say no.  

"Well, she's here but she wants me to tell you no." 

"Francine!" I blushed. She just rolled her eyes. She didn't even care and I swore she was enjoying this too much.  

"Oh Niall, she's blushing too!" Francine laughed. I lunged for her phone, but she squealed and rolled off her bed. She then ran around the bedroom since I was chasing her. 

"And now," Francine giggled, "she's chasing me around my room. TAKE HER BACK NIALL! I DON'T WANT HER ANYMORE!"  

"Well I love you too, Fran," I pouted, but I knew from her tone of voice that she was joking. But right now, I really just wanted to slap that phone out of her hand. She made sure, however, that I wasn't able to do so.

"Shit," Francine groaned as I finally lunged towards her and grabbed her phone, ending the call with Niall. I grinned victoriously, earning a rolling of the eyes from Fran. "Too bad I already agreed to let him come by and pick you up though."

"You didn't!" 

"Oh, I think you know that I did," Francine smirked. 

"Maybe I'll just go to Lily's instead today, like right now before Niall gets here..." I said more to myself rather than Francine.

"I'll keep you here if I have to," Francine warned.

"But it'll be so awkward and I am not going to be with him, you know that. He has Macy and he shouldn't have to deal with me back at his flat. I'm in the way of their relationship."

"Have you seen the way he looks at you? He'd probably fly to the moon if you wanted him to, which also means that he'll break it with Macy if he has to."

"You know he won't. If he wanted to break up with Macy for me, he would have earlier. Don't you think so?"

"What if," Francine tapped her chin, "he's dating her for some sort of reason. There's got to be a reason that he's putting up with her. I don't think it's normal for a guy like him to go out with a girl like her."

"The reason is that he loves her Francine. What else?"

"I don't know! Is it a crime that I'm denying the fact that Niall is dating Macy because he bloody loves her? I think no!"