epilogue

two years later

barcelona

________________________(3rd person pov)

The sun rose two hours ago, and yet life at the center of the capital, on the street where three times Ballon d'Or and two times Champions League winner Alexia Putellas lived with her girlfriend, Samantha Mewis, former USWNT player whose career ended following a devastating knee injury, just seemed to be never ending.

When the second client of the day makes her way inside the shop, the small bells rang, alerting Sam - whose back was turned as she was taking care of an old book - the latter just says in a seemingly perfect Spanish accent:

"Un momento, por favor." {EN: one moment, please}

"Eres aún más sexy cuando hablas en español, mi amor." a voice filled with honey responds. {EN:  you're even more sexy when you talk Spanish, my love}

Cracking a warm smile, Sam turns around and immediately spots the brunette in front of her, with a seductive smile on her lips an an eyebrow playfully raised.

Immediately wrapping her arms around the women's waist, Sam just says:

"Olà"

"Hi."

"How was your trip to Valencia? I thought you guys played great."

"Except that I missed you, it was okay" Alexia concedes, smirking, before pecking her girlfriend's lips. After a few seconds, she adds: "I saw Kristie and Lucy's team won as well - who knew a Boston's women's team would be so good for its first season, right?"

"They called yesterday, and said hi - especially Adele."

"Aw."

"The fact that my niece loves you more than she loves me is quite disturbing - although I can absolutely understand why." Sam says, smirking.

Raising her eyebrow, Alexia whispers:

"What can I say? I am becoming a Mewis expert."

As a response, Sam only kisses Alexia's lips, as both women laugh, before making out in the secret room of Sam's newly acquired bookstore, that was given to her by an old lady who had find her peace at last.

Smirking, Sam just makes sure it is still inside her pocket.

***

"Babe, have you seen my sports bag?"

"Living room. Under the sofa, on the left."

Alexia bursts into laughter: of course Sam would know where her girlfriend's stuff are, while Alexia herself har no clue. Smirking, the Spanish gathers her training stuff, until reaching the kitchen to join Sam before going to training. Only, Sam wasn't here anymore, and the balcony's door was opened.

When Alexia steps outside, her jaw drops: rose petals were spread on the ground, as a garland of light was settled above her head. At the end of the petals aisle, Sam was standing, nervously playing with her hands.

Raising her eyebrows, Alexia starts:

"... um... Sam?"

But the American doesn't respond: instead, she gets on one knee, takes the small box of family inheritance Alexia's mother gave her the week prior, before clearing her throat. Alexia, on the other hand, just lets her jaw drops and puts her hands on her mouth, in shock.

Taking a deep breath, Sam then says:

"Alexia. You've rocked my world for the past three years, and for the better: never before have I felt more alive. Hence I do not want to spend a single day without reminding you of how much you mean to me. Not only did you bring light at the end of the tunnel of sadness I was going through, but you ost definitely changed everything."

"... Samantha..."

"... Alexia Putellas Segura, will make me the happiest woman on this earth and marry me?"

A tear rolls down Alexia's cheek, as she just nods and takes a small box out of her own pocket. I gasp, both touched and shocked, while she says:

"I was going to ask you this question tonight during our crepe party date, but here we go: Samantha June Mewis, since I also asked your mother for her engagement ring when we last visited your family in the U.S., will you marry me as well?"

"Yes, if you do."

"I do."

After quickly passing the ring on each other's fingers, we just take a moment to appreciate what just happened, before kissing each other wildly.

This is the beginning of the rest of my life, and I wouldn't change any of it...

____________________________________

Thank you!!!

I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed writing it! Don't worry, you haven't seen the last of me : NEW STORY ON MY PROFILE !!!

Thanks for the eternal support.