7

"While we were at Steve's, I came up with a plan. I know you don't like Steve, Billy. Like me. So I thought..." I sighed. I had a hard time putting the words together. Billy didn't say anything, just watched me. However, I knew very well that he understood what I was getting at.

"I thought we could pretend. Create fake relationships. This is our last year at school. I won't let Steve ruin them for me..."

"You're only doing this to make Steve jealous?" laughed Billy. I understood that he would not agree. It will be difficult to convince him.

"I'm doing this because I know he hates you. Billy, I'm begging you..." I looked him straight in the eyes. The guy looked at me mockingly.

"What's in it for me, princess? I can get any girl just like you. Why should I be in a relationship with you?" I understood him perfectly. This plan of mine was ridiculous.

"I know, Billy. I can get any guy too. But Steve won't believe it. It needs to be you. He hates you with all his heart. I live in your house. Therefore, our fake relationship would look very convincing." I didn't dare look at Billy, I was afraid he would laugh.

"But you do understand that being in a fake relationship I won't be able to have fun with girls anymore? So what's in it for me?" Billy teased me.

"Do what you want and with whom you want. Just don't let what you're doing slip into the light of day. We need to act convincingly. And only at school. Please, Billy." I spoke quietly. I was ashamed. I wanted to get out of here. But a small part of my heart hoped that he would agree after all.

"I'll ask again, princess. What's in it for me?" he came closer to me. But I still don't want to look him in the eye. Then I remembered something.

"I know you're not doing well at school. You are going to be kicked out of school in your last year. So you agree to my plan and I help you pass all the exams. I'm not only the hottest girl in school, I'm also the smartest." I looked up at Billy. He was smiling. He rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Great, you won. How long will it take to pretend?" asked Billy. A huge smile appeared on my face. Without saying anything, I ran into the boy's arms and kissed him on the cheek. Billy did not expect this kind of action. I pulled away from him and stood up.

"I don't know baby." I winked at him and turned to leave. But he grabbed my arm.

"You said we were only going to play at school, princess." Billy teased. I just rolled my eyes and left his room. I was very happy. Steve will be jealous when he sees Billy and I together. He never expected it. Steve hated Billy from the day Billy showed up at school. Then he realized that his popularity was not that great. Nancy has never been popular, so everyone will laugh at him. In the meantime, I'll be performing at the school with Billy Hargrove, the king of the road.

Max greeted me as soon as I left the room. She had crossed her arms over her chest and was looking at me questioningly. I sighed.

"Promise you won't tell anyone. Even Lucas. No one can know about it." I said quietly. Max just smiled and nodded. Her smile disappeared. She dropped her hands and came to me. "Hey, what happened?"

The girl hugged me tightly. I hugged her too. I felt that she was crying.

"Thank you." The girl said quietly. "Thank you for being here. There's never been so much fun in this house."

"Hey Max... I'm not going anywhere. Promise me that you will always come to me if something goes wrong." I stroked the girl's red hair. She was hugging me so tight. She only nodded slightly without answering.

Without waiting for anything, I went to the first floor. I lay down on the sofa. Everything is going according to plan. I smiled. Everything is perfect. But my peace was interrupted by a knock at the door. I quickly got up from the sofa and opened the door. As soon as I opened the door, I was greeted by an angry look from the girl. She froze when she saw me.

"He traded me for you?!" the black haired girl shouted loudly. She pushed through the door to get inside. "Where's Billy?"

I felt strong hands on my hips. Billy pulled me closer to him. His perfume was perfect. His body was strong. Billy's arms pressed me tighter against his body.

"Yes, Linda. I traded you for this perfect girl." Billy lied. I could barely stop myself from smiling. The black haired girl looked like she was about to kill us.

"Layla, he's a player. He will leave as soon as he sees a shorter skirt." Linda smiled. She crossed her arms over her chest. I smiled back at her.

"We'll see, Linda." I hissed. I especially emphasized Linda's name. She freaked out. Without waiting for anything, I slammed the door in her face. Billy let me go.

"I thought we were only going to pretend at school, Billy." I was annoying. The boy laughed and rolled his eyes. He lit a cigarette and offered one of them to me. I did not refuse and took it.

"It was a great opportunity to make your plan look more convincing." Billy winked. I laughed quietly.

"Well, I can tell you that Linda really believed." I laughed.

"Of course. We will be the perfect Hawkins High School couple. Road king Billy Hargrove and the hottest girl in school Layla Finley. " Billy said proudly. And indeed, we will be the best couple in the whole school. I just smiled and sat down on the couch. Billy waved me goodbye and hurried back to his room.