Chapter 20 - Monopoly

Angel was sticking to the ceiling. She was so scared she'd drip on the two men who just left. After their voices faded out, she climbed down and went to go grab Sarah. Sarah had grabbed the pencils they needed for Jeremiah to teach them how to play Poker. Apparently it's his best game, although Moon begged to differ.

The rest of the day went fine. No more encounters with Laurence and most of the ghosts were just hanging in the rooms they were allowed in. Sam had finished his resume and also helped Toby with his. Jeremiah also wrote one, but he was a bit concerned the higher ups would recognize him, even if he used a different name. All the ghosts were now in Freddy's greenroom playing a very heated game of monopoly with Roxy, Chica, Sun and Moon. Freddy was watching but refused to engage in the aggressive game. Toby didn't like the noise level, but he was genuinely enjoying the game. His happiness dulled Shadow Bonnie's grip on him and he felt more at ease. He wasn't winning but he didn't care right now. This was just to play for fun. He could put aside his obsession for now.

"200 dollars Freddy!" Roxy yelled as she passed go. Freddy handed her the 200 dollars and rolled his eyes at her glee.

"Not again!" Devon growled. He'd ended up in jail two times in a row. Roxy stuck her metal tongue out at him, and he gasped in offended. Jeremiah was holding his money close to him since Angel had already tried to steal from him. Sam was arguing with Chica about trading properties so he could complete his railroad collection. Gregory and Moon had entered a stalemate of who was going to reach one of the properties first. Sarah had never played Monopoly before and was extremely confused about the amount of yelling. Sun grumbled to himself as he rolled for his turn and landed on an already bought property. Vanessa opened the door and looked at the group for a moment.

"Hello Ness!" Devon waved. He accidentally hit Sarah in the side of the head, and she punched him in the stomach gently. Freddy turned to look at Vanessa.

"Officer Vanessa! Lovely to see you. Sam and Jeremiah filled me in on your little idea," he said.

"It was Sam's idea," Vanessa said, walking towards the group as they continued to play.

"Ah. He said it was yours," Freddy said. Sam shrugged.

"You agreed to it. Thought I might as well give you the credit," he smiled. She gave him a look of you are seriously weird and sighed.

"I wrote one as well," Jeremiah said.

"Great. Where are they?" Vanessa asked.

"On the counter," Toby said. He'd been the one to put them there. She nodded a thanks and grabbed the resumes and a clipboard from the storage room. She sat down next to Freddy on the end of the couch and began to go through them. Jeremiah's handwriting was messy, but she'd have to fix that later. Freddy internally smiled to himself. He knew she cared. She was just prickly on the outside. Her staying near them wasn't much but he felt it was a good gesture in the right direction. Even if she wasn't engaged. He knew she would have to do her rounds so he decided to internally keep an eye on the cameras for her.