Chapter 67

"It feels like we are getting a bit... done with being here," Jeremiah sighed.

"I understand that... But it's not like you guys can move out," Vanessa responded.

"I know, but a walk around outside, or going somewhere not here would be good for some of us at least," Jeremiah shrugged.

"I suppose, but my car isn't big enough for all of you guys," she sighs. Jeremiah chuckles and goes to say something when a chair fell over up ahead. Vanessa stops and pauses, looking that way and then rushes over, Jeremiah tailing behind her. There was nothing there but the tipped over chair, so she picked it up and tucked it back in.

"Do you have to do that?" Jeremiah asked.

"Well, I was supposed to just have one job, keep people out, but the man telling me what to do couldn't count and said that I need to keep the place clean too. Matthew... something or other... I don't know, he was the head of hiring when I started working here but he's since left," Vanessa sighed.

"Ah. I see," Jeremiah said. Vanessa looked around and then shrugged when she saw no one around. She began to mutter about if the Pizzaplex had rats how everyone would be out of jobs. Jeremiah looked around, when another chair at the table across the floor moved. He poked Vanessa and pointed to it, and she began to calmly walk over, and then moved the chair and looked under the table. There were two screams, as two teenaged girl shoot up on the other side of the table and begin to run away from Vanessa. Jeremiah steps in their way, causing him to actually get a good look at them. Both of them were blonde, similar build, thin, possibly athletic, wearing jeans and a pink and purple shirt respectively. Their skin was riddled with scars, as though they were sewn back together, and their faces seemed to be sewn to their hairline and neck, giving them harsh features. Each other them had one eye which was black with a white pupil, while the other eye was blue or green. They froze in front of Jeremiah who was just trying to stop them from running. They look at each other before going to turn around and getting stopped by Vanessa.

"Hold on! It's ok," Vanessa said, putting her hands out to make sure they can't run past her. They held onto each other.

"No it's not!" one of them snaps.

"Who are you people?!" the other wails. Jeremiah found their voices annoying.

"Calm down girls, it's ok. We are workers," Vanessa said in a slow but stern voice.

"Worker where?! What is this place?" the wailer continued.

"Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex," Vanessa said. The girls looked at each other.

"I thought they closed?" the snappy one stated.

"Please calm down we can explain. What are your names?" Vanessa asked.

"Brittany," the snappy one responds.

"I'm Jessica," the wailer said.

"Brittany and Jessica, ok. I'm Vanessa, this is Jeremiah," Vanessa said, lowering her arms. The girls look between them and let go of each other. They looked less scared but are still on edge.

"... Are you going to explain?" Brittany asks harshly.

"Brittany, be at least a bit nicer... The red crocodile man said you needed to not look down on people," Jessica whispers. Brittany shrugs off the comment as Vanessa glances at Jeremiah who just shrugs and sighs, gaining a glare from Brittany.

"Well?" she snaps.

"You're ghosts, you do know that right?" Vanessa stated, clearly done with this girls demanding nature.

"Of course we know that," Brittany said.

"Ok. And you know you've come back to the real world?" Vanessa was just trying to piece together what they knew.

"Mhm," Brittany grumbled.

"We were sent back by the crocodile man. He said something about time... I mostly blocked him out," Jessica explained.

"Right. When did you die, and how?" Vanessa asks carefully.

"Why do you want to know?" Brittany crossed her arms.

"To piece together what society standards you come from but clearly you fit the mean girl clique and that's an age old societal standard," Vanessa sighed, getting done with this.

"Uh, duh, old woman. We were supposed to be crowned Prom Queen and Prom Princess," Brittany said.

"We had it all planned out," Jessica mumbled, "And then it was ruined."

"If I could interject," Jeremiah says before Vanessa flips her lid at being called old, "I'd like to know how you died, since it could help us get you guys back to a more normal lifestyle if we know what you don't like."

"We were crushed to death inside this huge pig animatronic named Rosie," Jessica said.

"I died first, which pisses me off because I probably could've fixed it," Brittany grumbled.

"She died angry... since it wasn't working and wasn't listening to her and also scared, but more yelling than screaming from what I heard. I died scared and stressed since I watched her die," Jessica said.

"That explains the mood differences then," Jeremiah said. From what he could tell, how someone died has a lot of effect on their personality after the fact, although it was a small sample size and there were some outliers to his data set.

"We were stuck in that fucking pig for MONTHS until they sent us to some old warehouse and crushed into scrap! It's so unfair!" Brittany said with an angry edge to her voice. Vanessa looked so done with them.

"Right..." Jeremiah said slowly.

"What's with your face? Is it October?" Brittany asked. Jeremiah sighed, hoping that someone eventually wouldn't ask.

"It is not October. I ripped off my own face when I died," he explained.

"You're a ghost too? How are you a worker then?" Jessica asked, sceptical.

"Long story. But there's a lot of ghosts. Which, speaking of, we will have to introduce you to, but currently there's a lot of stuff happening so we will have to wait until morning," He said.

"Yep. You can go to the daycare for now, we will have Sun look after you," Vanessa said.

"Uh, no? We aren't 5, we don't need a babysitter," Brittany pointed out.

"Yeah? Well you're still unattended minors and you need to stay with Sun until we find a more suitable situation for you two," Vanessa snaps.

"Fine," Brittany said, rolling her eyes. Jessica looked worried, but that was possible it was just her resting face. Brittany definitely had a resting bitch face.

"Wait didn't Julius end up back in the daycare?" Jeremiah asked.

"He did... Fuck. God I hate this," Vanessa groaned. She was so done with it, just wanting to not have to deal with all the chaos and stress hanging in the air of the Pizzaplex.

"Who's Julius?" Jessica asked.

"I don't think we should let him near you two," Jeremiah said.

"Why?" Brittany asked.

"... It's a long story, which we don't need to go into right now," Jeremiah said.

"We will just make sure Moon keeps them separated then," Vanessa sighs. She then guides the girls to the daycare, with Jeremiah's assistance since Brittany kept stopping to ask questions that they didn't want to or need to answer.