Chapter 32 - Remnant

"That is unusual," Sam muttered. He didn't understand. He wished they had someone more versed in all this stuff with them. Delilah was sitting next to him and looked like she wanted to say something but bit her tongue.

"Does anyone have any ideas?" Jeremiah asked. Delilah inhaled and grabbed the edge of the skirt she was now wearing.

"It looks like the shadow entity can transfer remnant. They are now both connected even if they don't want to be. It must have needed to confirm that it worked and re-triggered Devon's death," she said briskly. Everyone, beside Toby and Devon who were too much in pain, gave Delilah this look of, pardon me you have a brain. She looked sheepishly at the group.

"I knew a man named Michael. He knew everything about remnant, it's uses and what powers it could give," she explained. Sam fluttered his wings gently.

"Agony. It turns into remnant," Jeremiah said. Delilah nodded. Sarah looked between Toby and Devon.

"Will they be ok?" she asked.

"They will. Just in pain for a while," Delilah said softly. Sam didn't like that this shadow thing thought it could do what it wanted. He wished he could tell it off, get it out of, not only Toby now, but Devon as well.

"Sam?" Alec asked.

"Yes buddy?" Sam replied.

"Couldn't someone use magic to make him feel better. We all have remnant. One of us should have some type of healing, right?" Alec asked. Delilah thought about it.

"In theory, yes. But based in everyone's deaths here. Probably not. Take mine for example. I died in a ventilation shaft being chased by a doll. I can now sense every doll in a mile radius around me, constantly outlined through walls," Delilah stated.

"Mine is the ability to see souls. I'm guessing it's because I died hoping someone would find me," Dirk said.

"I can see people's darkest secrets when I am in the blackbird costume," Sam said. Jeremiah, Sarah, Alec and Angel all shared looks of confusion. None of them knew they could have powers.

"I hope that it isn't my power," Toby grumbled. Devon let out a strained chuckle from the other couch. Toby shot him a glare.

"You're the one with the super painful death we both have to deal with," Toby said dryly. Devon glared at him as he winced in pain.

"And they are mostly back to normal," Jeremiah joked. Devon elbowed him in the leg in retaliation. Delilah chuckled.

"So... not to change the subject, but you stay here?" Nole asked. The group affirmed.

"Oh ok. I want expecting such a right there answer," Nole chuckled.

"We don't have much of anywhere else," Sarah said.

"Well. Now we have your place, right?" Angel asked. Nole shook his head.

"I had to move to a smaller apartment," Nole said.

"It sucks," Alec groaned. Sam chuckled. Alec hadn't changed much at all. He was still a 15-year-old soul in a toy body.