Chapter 54

Devon sat with Gregory at one of the benches in the atrium, eating some slices of pizza. Sarah ran past, chasing after Angel who had run off. She'd yelled a quick hello as she did. She was sweet, he hoped Angel's attitude didn't rub off on her.

"Devon, Gregory," Delilah said as she walked up behind them. Devon turned around to look at her and saw she was holding Julius by him arm. He looked very angry.

"Hey Delilah," Devon said, a bit confused.

"I need you two to keep an eye on this one. He tried to push Reed off the third floor again," she said. Gregory groaned and glared at Julius. Julius was too busy trying to get Delilah to let go of him to notice.

"Fine," Devon sighed. Delilah let go of Julius and glared back at him.

"You try anything and I'll break your little robot legs, do you understand?" she snapped. He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, glaring at her as she walked away.

"If you guys let me leave I won't mess with you," Julius stated, turning to look at Devon and Gregory.

"I don't want you around anyway, prick," Devon snapped.

"Good," Julius walked off in a different direction than Delilah.

"He's such a dickhead," Gregory said.

"Yeah. But you better not let Freddy catch you with that mouth, otherwise I'll be knocked into next week," Devon said, continuing eating his pizza. Gregory chuckled. They finished eating and took a wander around the Pizzaplex. They bumped into Angel and Sarah again who had gotten kicked out of Fazer Blast after Angel started a yelling contest with a 10 year old.

"It's not fair! He said I was an old woman!" she complained to Devon.

"You're older than me," Gregory pointed out.

"I'm not old though!" Angel snapped.

"I mean, you technically are from before their generation. We'd be old enough to be their parents if we hadn't... y'know," Sarah pointed out.

"I don't care! All I said was 'this is the bees knees' and he called me old!" Angel exclaimed.

"And you called him a shithead and insulted his mother," Sarah said quietly.

"He deserved it," Angel pouted. Gregory stifled a laugh and Devon rolled his eyes. He went to open his mouth when Reed came running over and grabs Devon's arm. Angel and Sarah looked at him confused and Gregory waved at him, getting a small nod in return.

"Julius keeps trying to start fights with me can I stay with you so he doesn't?" Reed asked, breathlessly.

"Just punch him back, show him who's boss," Angel stated.

"Last time I tried to fight back I killed us both," Reed pointed out.

"Oh. Maybe don't do that then," Sarah said. Gregory saw Julius who was glaring at them from a little bit away and flipped him off, causing Devon to bat his hand down in case Freddy saw.

"Yeah. So you guys are protecting me now, I am not giving you a choice," Reed said.

"That's a lie," Angel snapped.

"Yeah you're right, I'm sorry, you can go," Reed said sheepishly. Angel turned around and walked away, snapping her fingers for Sarah to follow and heading towards Gator Golf. Devon watched them walk away and sighed. Angel had such a popular girl aura and she was using it to manipulate poor Sarah. Sarah seemed to be easily impressionable, being younger than most of them. Gregory was young too, but he was also very stubborn.

"Uhm. So. What do you guys wanna do?" Reed asked, standing next to Devon and Gregory.

"Raceway!" Gregory said.

"It's gonna be crowded," Devon said.

"I know. So it'll be easier to get away from Julius," he points out.

"Sounds like a great idea. I've never been go-karting," Reed said.

"Good luck sucker," Devon chuckled. Gregory led the way as Reed stayed next to Devon as they walked. Devon didn't mind Reed. He reminded him of Mick a little bit. Despite not being ginger or obsessed with superheroes. If Sarah was right, Mick would be an adult by now. That is a horrible thought, since Devon can't imagine Mick being older than him. 

[[Happy Halloween Everyone!! ]]