ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴄᴀʟʟꜱ...

"Truly, Minerva, I'm afraid that we are running out of candidates," The old Headmaster spoke to his Deputy.

He was indeed in trouble because another year in Hogwarts passed, and he did nothing about the Dark Lord's curse. That meant none other than the fact he lost another Defence Against the Dark Arts professor, so he got to employ another one. The problem with it was growing every year because the fact was inevitable – Albus Dumbledore didn't have many people to discuss.

"I refuse to believe that the number of wizards and witches interested in the Dark Arts decreases," Minerva answered back in her usual tone.

"It doesn't, but the number of them wanting to teach it does," Albus said, resting his chin on his hand.

After a few moments of silence, an idea came to Minerva's mind.

"Would you let me suggest somebody to you since you are not good at it these few years?" Minerva asked politely.

Well, she had a point here. Let's describe the last three of them. The first one, Quirinus Quirell, was very two-faced, let's say. The second one, an arrogant bastard responding when called 'Gilderoy Lockhart', actually didn't have the idea what he was teaching, plus he obliviated himself when he tried to do so with his students, so he doesn't respond when called 'Gilderoy Lockhart' anymore.

Although he hadn't made such a mistake with precious Remus Lupin, he was admittedly a werewolf. Let's set his approach to students aside, he could still harm them during the transition phase. That's what he believed, so he resigned. He was the first professor in a long time who resigned himself and was not made to leave by the Minister of Magic.

"Of course, Minerva," Albus smiled.

"I remember one of our students. Exceptionally talented in Transfiguration, yes, but much more interested in Defence Against the Dark Arts. If she weren't in Ravenclaw, I would put her in Slytherin," Minerva declared and Albus gave her a confused expression.

"Is it possible that nobody appears on your mind after this description?" Then, the Headmaster's face lightened up.

"Miss Walker?" He took a guess, and Minerva nodded approvingly. "Of course..." He said, taking the piece of parchment and enchanting his quill to write as he talked.

When he completed the letter, he dis-charmed the quill and sealed the letter with the recognizable wax seal. He directed a Hogwarts elf to bring it to the Owlery and sipped on his tea.

"And only for the information, Minerva," Dumbledore started in an all-knowing tone, which let her know another poetically said quote will soon leave his mouth. "Just because someone gives attention to the Dark Arts, it doesn't mean he or she should be a Slytherin. Not until the brighter side of it is observed."

Since the elf brought the letter to the Owlery, it was going to Catherine's house.

"Let's hope she will accept the teaching part," Minerva stated.

"I have no doubts," Albus said calmly.

- Catherine's P.O.V. -

I unlocked the door as I entered my house. At the same moment, I noticed my cat coming towards me.

"What is it, kitty? Are you hungry?" I asked her, and she responded with a meow.

Finally, she got her food, so I could go upstairs to check my papers and mail. All of the other letters were just boring, only some thank-you notes for the de-jinxing I did for a living. I was bored until I saw a specifically recognizable letter, written on a slightly aged parchment, stained in some places, the name written with an emerald ink.