ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇꜱᴄᴜɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴢᴇʟᴅᴀ

The pendant is a piece of enchanted jewellery that Zelda and I got from our parents a long time ago. They were two simple necklaces made of one gemstone. It changed colours, but when in normal circumstances, it was shining in an indicolite colour.

But, it would seem like I haven't even mentioned it if I didn't speak about its purpose.

When both wear our pendants, we can feel what the other person feels. It works by a mind-controlling charm, so if Zelda was in pain, I could transfer that feeling to myself and bring her a few seconds of relief.

I brought my hand under my collar to take out the magical object. As I was holding it, I examined it. It was shining its plain, indicolite colour. When it didn't change its colour, I almost gave up. Then, I remembered something.

I said the spell, and the gem started glowing. The colour changed into crimson red now. I put my other hand to close the space around the piece of jewellery. I could feel it pulsating lightly. My eyes closed, and I was far away from the castle. I was sitting in a wooden chair, my hands tied back. The room was cold and unknown to me, very dark and rustic.

I saw a man, but only from behind. His hair was dark, but I couldn't see anything else.

I noticed that Zelda felt hungry and thirsty, also scared. Suddenly, a very unpleasant feeling of coldness overwhelmed my body. I instantly shivered at the change in the temperature. After a few moments of darkness, I got back to the place I was, still holding the pendant tightly.

So, I found out where she was. She was in a house and captured.

I had to report that to Albus, so I headed to his office.

"What did you find out?" Albus asked as I entered the office.

"She has been captured. There is a dark house where they tied her on a chair, probably for a few hours," I reported and noticed his eyes were wide.

"How did you manage to find all of that in just an hour?" He asked in a slightly stunned voice.

"By this," I replied and held the necklace in the air.

"It's an enchanted gem which shows the feelings and the surroundings of the other person who is wearing it. You can guess that Zelda wears the other one," I explained, and he nodded.

Albus's eyes locked onto the item as he observed it with great interest. "I haven't seen this necklace since my teaching days.." he said.

"Correct. My father and aunt had them, then passed them to Zelda and me," I said, and he looked at me.

"Purely genius..." He said.

"Alright, now that you've seen it, we can go," I said, wanting to rescue my cousin.

"Where?" He asked.

"Merlin, Albus... to save Zelda!" I replied.

"I know that, but how do you know where we have to go?" He asked me, making me feel dumbfounded.

Shit, I didn't know where we had to go.

"I can transform it into a Portkey," I heard a voice behind me and turned around.

"Severus! Thank Merlin!" I said, feeling relieved.

"I presume my presence is not necessary then..." Albus asked.

"You won't go with us?!" I asked him, feeling taken aback.

"You will take Severus," He said.