ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ

WHAT HAPPENED?

After everything that happened today, I had to just lie in my bed and do nothing except thinking. I knew that was bad because I only made myself feel more and more pessimistic. The rain that was falling just wasn't helping to create any positive thoughts.

A few knocks were heard on my door, and I got up to open it. I was really taken aback by the person who was in front of me.

"My dear, we need to talk..."

BACK TO REALITY (Catherine's P.O.V.)

"Yes, I think we do," I whispered to Igor, letting him in.

We got inside and sat down on the couch. I instantly looked directly into his eyes, a worried look on my face.

"You know, some people wouldn't be happy if they knew I was here, but I think you deserve to know what is happening these weeks," He stated with a serious and a bit stern tone.

Igor took my hands in his and kissed my knuckles, making me tremble from the sudden contact. Sighing at my reaction, he caressed the back of my hand with his finger.

"My dearest любима (lyubima - sweetheart)..." He whispered, and I felt the pain in his voice.

"Igor, what's happening?" I asked him bluntly, noticing that he was hesitating to vocalize it. "Feel free to tell me. I don't care about what people would say," I encouraged him by gently caressing his face.

"Voldemort is back, and he's reuniting his followers," Igor blurted out, and my breath stopped for a second or two. I've heard rumours about it, but wasn't sure whether it was real or not. Coming from a former Death Eater, it seemed indeed real. "My life is in danger, and if I stay close to you, he will harm you too," He said, holding my hands tighter.

"Igor..." I half-absently called out his name.

"That's the reason for my distancing from you, любов (lyubov - love). I don't want to put your life in danger," He said, letting go of my hand to caress my face.

"I can protect you, just please stay," I tried to comfort him, and he let out a desperate sigh.

"You're so sweet, любима (lyubima - sweetheart). So, so sweet and kind. I don't know what I did to get to be with you. I would never underestimate you, but I don't want you to risk your life for me," He said, and my eyes filled with tears.

I wanted to run into his arms, but something stopped me like there was a barrier between us.

I wanted to say something, but I was speechless. My lips were parted, but no voice escaped it.

"Igor, but I lo-" I tried to say, but he stopped me.

"Shh, I know. Don't say it," He cut me off and placed a small kiss on my forehead. It felt so soothing and made me melt instantly.

"Promise me something, любов, (lyubov - love)" Igor pleaded, and I nodded. "When I leave, you won't go to look for me," He said, and I sighed.

Feeling as if it's a logical way, I agreed. My breath was shaky, and I finally let my tears leave my eyes and trickle down my cheeks. Letting myself break down completely, I sobbed quietly, and Igor pulled me in his lap. I let myself surrender to his touch as he wrapped his arms around me, bringing me closer to his chest.

His hands travelled from my back to my waist, finishing on my thighs and going back up. My head was buried in his neck as I sobbed my fear out. I was truly scared that Voldemort would find him and brutally kill him. That was the reason I was longing for the last amount of physical contact from the soon-to-be-dead man. I won't get a chance to ever see him again, and that made my heart ache.