ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ʏᴜʟᴇ ʙᴀʟʟ (ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ)

- WHAT HAPPENED? -

"Mr Potter, you are alive!" I exclaimed to him.

"Looks like I am, Professor!" He replied with a laugh. While we were lightly chatting, I saw a person I least expected to come to me on this occasion.

"Miss Walker, would you mind having a little talk with me?"

- BACK TO REALITY... -

When I turned around, I saw no other than Igor Karkaroff.

"Absolutely not, Mr Karkaroff!" I said with a smile.

Internally, my heart was fluttering. Merlin, his appearance got me today...

"I actually wanted to ask you something," He said, looking down at me.

I must say, he was at least 20 centimetres taller than me.

"You have all of my attention," I said politely.

"Would you give me the great pleasure of being your escort at the Yule Ball?" Igor asked me with a small smile.

I took a few seconds to process what he just said. To be honest, I didn't have the slightest idea what to say, so I kept silent for a moment. After all, I didn't have the idea if anyone else would ask me, so why not?

"Of course, only if you want it," He added.

"I'm glad to accept it!" I answered, my face lightening up.

"Glad to hear that, красота (krasota - beautiful)," He said and kissed my hand.

I was internally melting by that move.

"Now excuse me, as much as I would like to stay with you, I have to go," Igor said, and I nodded with a smile.

What in Merlin's name just happened?!

"Zelda," I murmured her name quietly as if I was calling her.

When there was no response from anyone, I looked around to see where she might be.

"Oh, here you are! I was wondering where you had vanished, but I presumed you went to hit on Karkaroff," She teased but noticed my stunned face.

"Yes, but no," I answered in a tone that matched my face, and her eyes widened.

"Excuse me, honey. Explanation, now!" Zelda said, urging me to spill the details.

"So, I went to talk with Mr Potter as I told you, when Karkaroff stopped me, and..." I stopped there, still with the inability of realizing what happened and verbalizing it.

"Go on, sis! What happened then?" Zelda questioned excitedly.

"He asked me to go to the Yule Ball with him," I blurted out, and Zelda almost screamed out of joy.

Her hands embraced me in a tight hug, barely letting me breathe.

"You do realize what you just said, do you?" Zelda asked when she had let me go.

"Believe me, I know what I said, but I still don't realize that it actually happened! Wake me up!" I said, and she smacked me.

"Ow! I didn't mean literally!" I squealed.

"So much about that you said that you would think about accepting if Karkaroff asked you out. My dear cousin, you are fangirling over him, and it's so adorable!" Zelda said excitedly, and I smiled like a 15-year-old girl who just fell in love.