ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ᴀ ᴍᴏɴᴅᴀʏ ꜰᴜʟʟ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜʀᴘʀɪꜱᴇꜱ

The morning sun hit my face and hurt my eyes. Covering them with my hand, I turned to the other side. After slumbering for a few more minutes, I jumped out of my bed, looking for the clock in panic. I didn't need it to realise that the sun was shining more than usual. Indeed, I had slept through a few hours more than I should have.

I sighed as I confirmed my theory - it was 9:15, and I had missed more than my first class. I slapped my forehead, feeling so stupid.

My head hurt at the way I violently brushed my hair. After all, I still needed to fix the messy-looking sleeping hair. Then, I took my wand and started walking to my classroom at an unusually quick pace. As I got closer to my classroom door, they opened and revealed Minerva, who most likely held the class instead of me.

"Minerva, I'm so sorry! I slept in and didn't hear the alarm..." I said, and she rubbed my arm with a smile.

"It's alright, Catherine. It can happen to anybody," She said. "I've taken your first two classes. You can continue from now on."

"Thank you so much," I said.

"No problem, dear," She responded and left to do her own business.

I entered my already empty classroom and sat by my desk. I looked over to see the note Minerva left. That was why I loved her - she would always write me a note to inform me what topic she did or which one I needed to start teaching.

To get some books from my office, I went upstairs and unlocked the heavy door. As I entered the small room, I looked around to see if everything was in place. 

*     *     *

"I can't understand - why won't you tell me?" Zelda asked me why do I look so cheerful.

"Just... not yet, alright?" I replied, and she rolled her eyes.

"Is there a special someone?" Zelda asked provocatively.

I chuckled, trying to hide the fact that I finally got along with the biggest crush of my life.

"Nope," I said, looking down.

Zelda gave me a questionable look but got along with my answer. I couldn't tell her about this. It was still so early, and those few encounters couldn't mean anything. It's better to wait and see how things unfold, only to make myself sure.

"If it's such a secret, it has to be crucial. And I understand that, so I won't be pressuring you to tell me," She said, and I smiled.

"Thank you. You know that I would always share everything, but even I am not sure what's happening," I explained, and she nodded.

"Everything is fine. You can tell me when you're ready," Zelda responded and hugged me.

I wasn't sure about my feelings. I'd crushed on Lucius when I was attending Hogwarts, but now I felt like everything was a dream. It wouldn't be the first time, though. My mind couldn't shake off the thought - I would wake up in the Ravenclaw dormitory. I will be 13 again, and I will still have that ugly, dry hair, thick-framed glasses and a few pounds more.

This picture of me was just my brain playing games with me. The whole situation made me doubt my existence - Was this a dream, or somehow that dream turned into reality? Is this whole 'Professor' situation only a daydream from my History of Magic classes? Will I truly open my eyes being wakened by Professor Binns' monotonous voice? 

I hoped that this was all true because I would be devastated if it wasn't.

Then, I looked at all things I had to do until the end of the week. That reminded me  -  I had so much work to do and it was only Monday. I still wasn't sure about everything with Lucius, but my life now was indeed the reality.