ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛᴜʟɪᴘꜱ

- THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V. -

"...which resulted in him leaving her and running away," Severus retold the all-known story.

He and his friend were sitting in his study, distracting themselves with a few glasses of firewhisky. They were interested in the story of the Defence Against the Dark Arts Mistress, who they noticed spilling her soul to her cousin on the Hogwarts Grounds.

"How pathetic. He just left her like a piece of trash?" Lucius asked.

Severus just nodded, approving his friend's comparison.

"Yet she is crying her eyes out for him?" The blonde man checked his assumptions, which were confirmed by Severus.

"Ridiculous."

Weirdly enough, the older Malfoy was interested in this situation. The questioning was unnecessary, he wanted to do something about it. Being completely obvious, the Potions Master knew what was going on in his friend's head. Metaphorically and literally – he was indeed a Legilimens.

Lucius Malfoy wasn't, let's say it like this, an emotional person. Yet, the view of a visually appealing woman crying her soul out for a coward and idiot like Karkaroff made him feel sorry for her.

- BACK TO REALITY (Catherine's P.O.V.) -

I woke up, feeling ready to start my day. It was about quarter past six, which was quite amazing to me. I've never been a morning person, so it fascinated me that I managed to feel energized. I had enough time to have my coffee and casually start with my everyday chores.

Sipping on the freshly brewed beverage, I read a few pages of my book. After a long time, I finally got myself a fictional book. It was a historical fantasy novel, placed in medieval Britain. Sometimes, I just wanted to live in that period, with all the kings, knights and damsels in distress.

My daydreaming was over when I glanced at the clock, realising it was 7 o'clock. Today I wanted to wear something classic, so I put on a blue silky blouse paired with black straight-leg jeans and stiletto boots. Completing my outfit, I added a cloak just because it was a bit chilly today.

When I dressed up, I decided to put some mascara and lipstick. My hair was falling down my shoulders as it was freshly washed. I hated having my hair let down when it wasn't washed properly because I was never satisfied with how it looked.

After I put my earrings on, I felt completely ready to leave my chamber and attend breakfast before our usual classes. As I entered the Great Hall, I was faced with the all-knowing smile of my cousin.

"So, you decided to show some Ravenclaw pride today?" She asked with a smirk.

"Seems like it," I said and we laughed, continuing to chat while eating our breakfast.

* * *

It was my pause and I had to go visit Professor Grubbly-Plank, who wanted me to help her with preparing some creatures for her class. I walked to the forest, looking for her. It was a beautiful day, peculiarly sunny for March. Finally, after a few minutes of looking for Wilhelmina, she signalled for me.

"Over here, dear! I apologize for not being at our arranged location. This little devil reappeared here!"She said, holding the cute creature with black fur and beautiful eyes. "This is the Niffler, by the way," She said, and the adorable animal made me smile. "How are you, dear?" Wilhelmina asked.

"Very well, thank you! And what about you?" I asked back.

"Ah, it has its ups and downs," She said. "Now, we have to feed the Diricawls and then they will be ready for the next class," She explained, and I nodded.