Chapter 12 - Dance practice

While the footsteps of tired students leaving the advanced class echoed through the dance studio, Hyunjin and Felix remained in place. Both of them were just standing at the counter where they had their water bottles and deservedly hydrated themselves. As they had promised before to Minho, they were aside in the class, trying to put together some choreography.

However, they were not satisfied with their performance. They spent a long time choosing a song that they couldn't agree on and when they did, they simply didn't have the right feeling from the dancing. Hyunjin cursed himself in his head for allowing himself to get drunk on the weekend instead of thinking about more important things. Felix, on the other hand, would rather get drunk again now that Hyunjin told him for the fifth time that the 'vibe' wasn't right.

The dance studio fell silent with the last student leaving. Only the heavy breathing of the two boys could be heard. Felix swung himself up onto the counter and sat down there. He wiped the sweat from his forehead as he looked at Hyunjin who was flipping through his playlist again. It went on like this for several minutes.

"Are you tired yet?" Hyunjin sneered without looking at Felix. He knew he would have the upper hand in the end. That's what Felix get for describing Hyunjin as the crybaby which can't get over a strained muscle to Minho.

"Doesn't your back hurt?" Felix immediately returned the teasing remark. He was tired after the whole day, and he really couldn't stand the brunette's moods that changed from second to second. He was puzzled by Hyunjin's duality, where did the boy from Saturday go? Felix wondered for a moment if he could secretly pour some soju into the water bottle to make the training sessions a little more enjoyable.

"Aaaah! This is just so frustrating." Hyunjin scolded when he couldn't find any suitable song, throwing his hands up in anger.

"I think you're just an awful lot of perfectionist."

"Maybe! Sorry I can't take it lightly. Everything is not just about going with the flow and hoping that somehow it will work out." Hyunjin was complaining about Felix's approach.

"I don't take it lightly!" Felix protested back, "But because you overthink everything like that, you're blocking space for those ideas, and it takes you twice as long!" he was also already gesticulating wildly with his hands.

"But I'm also sure that the choreography is excellent then!" Hyunjin countered.

"Then show me some of your perfect choreography, do it!" Felix challenged him, while pointing to the free dancing space. Hyunjin had to take a deep breath, Felix was really testing him. He didn't want to be unfairly mean to him, but he had to protect his pride and his proven work principles.

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

Hyunjin angrily pulled out his phone again and started searching for the desired song, which he had already composed a solo choreography for when he had time during the summer vacation. Felix watched him closely as he walked into the dancing space, he had been pointing to a moment ago. He didn't expect that he would really do this, so he found his dramatic reaction rather funny.

But when the first notes of the song 'Play with fire' by Sam Tinnesz played, Felix became serious, and his eyes did not leave the brunette. Hyunjin was tying his ponytail with his gaze fixed on the mirror and the silver haired boy had no idea if it was already part of the choreography, but then he realized that everything Hyunjin does, he does with intention.

He had it planned out from this point on. Hyunjin grabbed himself around the neck with the first beat and he didn't miss any beat from now on. His every move was perfectly timed. Felix had seen Hyunjin dance several times before, but this time it was completely different.