Can't move on

Chapter 2:

Y/n pov:

« Auntie? » I heard rose say when she entered the room.

I'm laying on her bed thinking about the question ashley asked me « how is Hailee? » That's a great question.

I don't know the answer.

I would like to know how she is. Unfortunately we're not together anymore.

We broke up in good therms. But I'm still heartbroken.

When she moved in everything was fine. Well during 6 months. Until she gots a job offer. In Spain.

That was a shoot for a tv show. A shoot of two years.

It was an amazing opportunity for her. She wanted to stay here with me but I couldn't be selfish and tell her to stay with me.

So I told her that we could do this. Remember the sentence « when there's love, everything is possible » Well that's not true.

So she went to Spain. During the first month everything was fine. But my job and hers were making us so busy. We couldn't even call each other anymore.

Then the insecurities came back and the only times we were talking we were arguing.

Our relationship quickly became toxic and we were breaking each other.

We weren't happy anymore. So we decided to break up.

We're not mad at each other but we can't talk like friends. It would be too hard.

It's been one year and still I can't seem to forget her. My heart can't.

I miss her every day. I miss everything about her. She probably already forgot about us, I mean it's normal it's been one year.

Sometimes I'm so mad at her because I can't go forward in my life. Because of her. Because I still love her.

I know I just have to wait because time fix everything but it's hard.

« Are you okay? » I get pulled out of my thoughts by Scarlett « Yeah yeah I'm fine. I'm sorry for leaving like this »

« Don't apologize. I know it's hard for you and I totally understand » a single tears stream down my cheek but I immediately wipe it.

« Yeah it's- it still hurt a lot » I breathed out. « Do you want to go
downstairs now? We can wait if you want » Scarlett said pulling her hand on my thigh.

I like Scarlett for that. Even if we always tease each other she's always here for me.

« No it's okay we can go back » we take Rose who's now playing with her toys and go back downstairs.

There's an awkward silence until Lizzie speak up « is it a bad time to tell you that Hailee is invited to our wedding? » she said making my eyes go wide « are you serious? »

« Yeah. I'm sorry y/n, we invited her because she's our friend after all. And she knows you'll be here, she's okay with that »

« Oh she must have moved on and don't have feelings anymore » I said looking down feeling my heart break once again.

« Anyway, i understand she's your friend and you have the right to invite her » I continued.

They all look at me with pity in their eyes « guys stop this please. Don't look at me like that. It happens it's life. It'll get better » I said trying to hold my tears.

They nods sadly and we continue eating in an awkward silence. Except for rose who's fortunately talking with everyone and lightning the mood.