Rough evening

Chapter 42:

One month later

It's time. Tomorrow I'll leave Hailee for my project in England.

I've got all the details. It's a new marvel movie. My own movie.

I've waited for my character to get her own movie for a while now.

And it's finally time to shoot.

Well, first there's all the script's things and all but I around a week or two, we will finally shoot.

Half of the movie will be shoot all around England and the other half will be shoot in LA.

It will be much easier to see Hailee. She's already almost 6 months pregnant and leaving her is freaking me out.

But Scarlett, Lizzie and Brie will be here.

Florence is coming with me because  she's in the movie as well. I won't be alone and I'm glad.

Me and Hailee are currently in the baby's room that is all ready. We're just fixing some things like decorations.

Tonight, we decided to order and spend the night together.

I feel like Hailee is holding back her emotions and I hate that. But every time I tried to talk to her about it, she just snapped angrily at me.

« Haiz? » she looked up at me her eyes holding so much sadness that I want to cancel my flight for tomorrow.

« Come here » I opened my arms for her. She doesn't reply and just nuzzles her body into mine.

I softly stroke her hair trying to reassure her « it's okay Hailee » she nodded before pulling away, whipping the single tear that escaped her eye.

« I think I should buy a rocking chair for the baby's room » she changed the subject and I sighed.

« Hailee come on. Talk to me » she looked at me innocently.

« I have nothing to say » she simply replied.

« I can see that you're not fine »

« But I am » I was annoyed by now. « Hailee please! I'm leaving tomorrow and I can't leave you like that. I know you by heart. I know that you're holding your emotions but it's just me Hailee »

« I just don't want to talk about it so leave it » she stated angrily.

« But- »
« No but! I just want to be alone right now » she said and I nodded looking down before leaving the room.

I feel tears soaking my cheeks. I can't stay here.

I take my keys, my phone and leave the apartment.

Hailee pov:

« Fuck » I cried when y/n left the room.

I'm so fucking dumb. I know that everything works when we communicate but I feel so fucking sad.

I just can't help it. I know it's just for like 2 months but it hurts a lot.

And I just don't want to break down in front of her.

I hear the front door open and close making my heart break.

I just sit here, in my baby's room and cry everything that I've been holding up for the last week.

Y/n pov:

« Coming » I heard a faint voice say from behind the door.

« Y/n? » my sister said concern and confusion filling her eyes.

I don't answer and just hug her waist. « Y/n you're scaring me » she said pulling us inside the apartment.

I begin to explain her the argument with Hailee.

She nodded and pulled me close to her. « It's okay sweetie »

Elijah, that joined us, hand me a glass of water and I smile at him in thanks.

« I don't want to leave being in conflict with her »

« You need to go back and talk to her. Be patient but don't leave her alone like she told you »

She's right. It wasn't the right thing to do. I should have stayed with her.

« I need to go back to her » I looked at them and they nodded.

« I love you both! See you tomorrow and thank you » I said taking my things and leaving the apartment.

Fortunately, we don't leave far away from each other. So it's just a two minutes ride.

When I arrive, I find Hailee asleep on the couch.

I can see that she cried by the drained tears on her cheeks.

I take a blanket and cover her with it. I crouch down in front of her and stroke her hair trying to not wake her up.

« I'm so sorry for leaving you hailee. I love you so much. We can do it baby » I whispered before kissing her forehead.