What's the matter?

Chapter 20:

Two weeks later

We're two weeks after the amazing night and I'm currently preparing a dinner for all of my friends that I invited for a friends dinner.

Hailee is actually setting the table. She put some music on and she's currently dancing while putting the dishes on the table.

Hailee has been acting... a little weirdly. Her humor changes very quickly. One minute, she's all happy and cuddly and the minute after, she's angry and doesn't want to be touched.

I don't really understand why, maybe she's on her period? Who knows? The next time, I'll try to talk to her but I don't want to make her more angry so I don't know.

I looked at her, she's currently dancing slowly to the music "Babe stop dancing! you have work to do" I laughed coming from behind her. She turns around to look at me and takes my hands in hers.

She pulls me close to her and starts dancing with me in her arms. "Baby, we don't have time for that" I said playfully but put my arms around her neck anyway.

"Just a dance" she whined, pulling my waist closer to her. We dance together until the music ends and before I pull away, I kiss her tenderly.

"Now I really have to make dinner" I said, pecking her lips again and again.

"Okay let's go then" she took my hand and we walked together towards the kitchen to finish cooking dinner.

At 8pm we finished everything and the doorbell rang. I opened the door and Lizzie, Scar and Rose were standing here.

"Hi guys" I greeted them, "Auntie!" Rose ran towards me and hugged my waist. "Hi love bug" I said, scooping her up in my arms.

I greet the moms and they enter and say hi to Hailee. We sit on the couch and talk for a few minutes until the doorbell rings again.

I opened the door and Cate was standing there with Alycia and flo. I greeted them and they entered and said hi to the others.

I invited the big 3 because in two weeks, we talked to each other every day and they're really amazing.

I don't have the time to sit back that Sandra and Sara enter the apartment without knocking or waiting for me to open the door.

"Welcome girls" we all laughed. They're the craziest.

Brie and Elijah are the next and the last one to arrive.

After we talked and took the appetizer, we went to the table and started eating.

Everything is going well, everyone talks and laughs with everyone.

Until Brie speaks up. "Oh y/n I saw Mia yesterday, she told me that she wants to call you"

My eyes snap to Hailee who's listening with a raised eyebrow.

I'm really uncomfortable now. "Well I don't want to hear about her"

I look at Brie with a shut up look but of course she doesn't really understand because I'm supposed to not be with Hailee.

Of course, they're not dumb, they have doubts that we're together because we're always with each other.

But we prefer to not say anything for a few more days.

I look at Hailee but she's not looking at me anymore. She's ignoring me. Amazing

After a few minutes, I go in the kitchen to take the desserts and I can feel Hailee following me.

"Who's Mia?" She whispered calmly because the others can still see us. "She's the one I told you about, the girl I talked to"

"Why is she trying to talk to you?" she said, starting to get angry. "I don't know Hailee" I scoffed.

"Why are you mad? I don't talk to her anymore! I did nothing wrong" I sighed. "She has no right to ask to talk to you when you're in a relationship with me" she said.

"Hailee, it doesn't matter what she wants to do, it's just us here, nobody else. You know that"
She looked down playing with her hands "I'm sorry. I know it's just us. I don't know what's happening with me honestly" she looks up at me with tears in her eyes.

"Baby what's the matter?" I said cuping her cheeks with my hands.

"I don't know" she said crying more. "I think you're tired bubs. Do you want to go upstairs and sleep?"

"No. I want to stay with you" She said making me smile. "Okay then, we finish the dinner and we go to sleep okay?"

She nodded and I pecked her lips before taking her hand and bring us back to the table.

I keep my hand on Hailee's thigh during the whole diner squeezing it from time to time to show her that I'm here.