It'll be okay

Chapter 23:

« where is she?! » I said as soon as I arrived at the hospital.

Brie was waiting for me outside. « Calm down y/n, she just passed out, she's in a room »

« How can I calm down! Fuck I knew it wasn't her period » I said speed walking toward her room.

« I should have took her to the doctor, god I let her go to work » I mumbled playing with my fingers.

« It's not your fault y/n you couldn't force her to stay home »

I don't answer, letting my mind spins with thoughts.

What if she's sick?

What if she's going to die?

I- no I can't thought about it, I need to see her.

We finally arrive to the room. I open the door seeing her laying in the bed looking at the celling.

« Oh my god Hailee! You scared me to death » I said hugging her.

She hugged me back tightly, as if she's scared to let go.

« I'm sorry »

« Why didn't you call me? »
« Because I was scared that you'd get mad or that you would blame yourself »

« I'm not mad hailee, at least you called someone. Did you do some exams? » I asked.

« Yes, I'm waiting for the results, they must arrive soon » she said looking at her lap.

« I'm scared y/n » she whispered. « Baby, I'm here okay? You're not alone. Whatever the exams say, I'll be here for you. It's just me and you » I kissed her forehead.

« I love you » she said hugging my neck « I love you too. Everything's gonna be okay I promise »

Even if I don't show it, I'm fucking scared for it. But I have to be strong for the both of us.

After a few minutes, the doctor entered the room.

« Miss Steinfeld, the results are here »

« What does it says? » I instantly asked.

He opened the paper and read it a long time making me almost go crazy.

He has a confused look before he break into a smile « miss Steinfeld you're pregnant » he simply said.

I stopped breathing, my mind stopped working.

« I'm sorry but it's not possible. I think you made a mistake » Hailee said laughing nervously.

« it's not a mistake ma'am, you're about 4 months pregnant. You're dealing with a denial of pregnancy »

I snap out of my trance instantly « what does that mean? Is it dangerous for her?! » I asked.

« No, now that you know it, your belly will grow in a few days. The baby is healthy »

« No it's not possible, I'm literally on my period. I haven't slept with a man since... 4 months » Hailee said.

« You can have your period in a pregnancy denial. They'll stop now that you know it. Your brain now know it so your body will react »

I hear sniffing, I turn my head and see Hailee crying. « I'm so sorry y/n. I'm sorry » she kept repeating.

« I'll leave you alone now, if you have more questions, you can call me » he left the room.

« I'm so sorry y/n » she repeated again and again. « Hailee please stop » I said taking her face in my head.

She kept crying and it breaks my heart to see her like this.

« it's okay Hailee I promise, I will help you. I'm not going anywhere »

« I'm so sorry »
« Hailee, stop apologizing »

« I swear I had protections. I didn't want this »

« I know Hailee. I know » I hugged her. She sobbed in my chest for a few minutes and I whispered sweet things to her trying to calm her down.

She's asleep in a few minutes and I get out of the room joining Brie, Elijah, Flo, Lizzie and Scarlett.

« What's happening y/n? » flo asked.

« She's pregnant »

« Excuse me? She cheated?! »

« No. She did a pregnancy denial, she slept with some dude in Spain 4 months ago »

« What are you going to do? » Lizzie asked.

« I don't know. She kept apologizing. But it's not her fault, it was a protected relation. She can't have an abortion anymore. So I'll wait until she wakes up to know what she wants to do »

« But what do you want? » Scarlett asked « I will help her no matter what. It's her decision. If she wants to keep the baby, then I want to keep it too »

They nodded with a small smile « it was going to happen one day I guess. We already talked about kids. But we didn't know it would be so soon. But now it's here so I'm going with it »

Brie smiled and took me in her arms « you grow up so much » she kissed my head.

« I'll go back in the room. You can go back home, I think we need time to talk. And I will drive us back home »

They nodded and hugged me goodbye.

I got back in the room and I sat in a chair next to her.

« It'll be okay baby » I whispered stroking her hair slowly.

———————————————————————————

Please tell me what you think.

I personally love this plot twist!!