RAH : 20

—————————————————————

"UNFORTUNATELY Mrs. Choi, your condition.... is getting worst..."

"W-what...."

"Mr. Hwang, wha–how?? How could... I thought this is impossible! How—why?? How did her condition become worst?! The last time we had an appointment with you, you said she's fine?! You said that the medicines are preventing her condition to be worst?!" The doctor could only look down, not able to answer Dooyoung's questions.

Dooyoung sighed in frustration, preventing his anger to control him. "We paid the hospital almost a million just to make my wife's condition to be stable... We traveled here in Korea to consult the best doctors... You promised to us that my wife will be safe... How did this happen?!" If it wasn't because of Eujin, Dooyoung might have knocked the doctor down to free his anger.

"We're really sorry, Mr. Choi, but we can't do anything... her condition... it's getting out of hand... Yes we are the best doctors but the medications we need for your wife... we are lacking it..." Mr. Hwang responded, the tone of his voice were filled with gloom.

Eujin gasped slightly, who wouldn't be scared... if your worst nightmare, is slowly approaching you? Eujin never wished for this. She can clearly remember the life she had before she became like this. She told Beomgyu and Ryujin about her condition and she reassured them that she's healing... but, all this time... she's not?

"If that's the case, then you have to do something, Dr. Hwang!! We paid you for nothing!! We payed you for a damn fucking purpose!! My wife is under your vision!! First Do No Harm so please help my wife..." Yes, he's eager to shout at him, but his conscience didn't let him. Instead, his conscience wanted him to beg for help. Beg the professionals to save his wife.

Dr. Hwang stared at the couple, although Mr. Choi looks fierce, Dr. Hwang can sense that he's helpless inside. He is a doctor, and he is willing to help. But his help is not enough to fulfill Dooyoung's wishes. He turned her attention to Mrs. Choi and the middle-aged woman looks hopeless... her face is filled with sadness, a look of grief, radiating nothing but despondent.

When the couples arrived earlier, Dr. Hwang witnessed Eujin's face full of gleam... he's already expecting for her current reaction to happen. Albeit she's not shredding tears, Dr. Hwang is aware that she's just hiding it. The way her eyes are closing tight, her shoulders shuddering, her shaking hands upon her husband's arm.

"But..." Dr. Hwang muttered, getting the couples' attention on him. "You still have seven months to live..." Dooyoung stopped himself from yelling. He wished the doctor never said that, but still, the both of them have to be aware of that. "...there's nothing I can do, Mr and Mrs. Choi... forgive me..." Dr. Hwang closed his eyes as he heard Eujin finally escaping her tears.

It pained his heart; Eujin is the first client of his who failed to break free from the disorder. "I claimed that it's my fault for not doing my duty properly as a doctor... I know you can't forgive me... I failed my task... I apologize..." He mumbled. Eujin parted from Dooyoung's chest and sobbed, hearing Dr. Hwang's statement pained her heart.

"No... don't blame yourself, Dr. Hwang... I'm the one who's careless here... it's my fault..."

"But Eujin..."

"There's nothing we can do, Dooyoung... this thing... is a part of me... just... j-just...  let's accept this... let's accept this...."