RAH : 24

a long chapter ahead!
cuz i didn't update immediately🤩
🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️

vote | comment

-————-

Same day

"Taehyun-ah?" Taehyun turned around to see the owner of the voice— who he waited at the front of the Cafe. "You wanted to meet?" The male nodded his head. "Yeah, something very important that I need to know" Taehyun said. Ryujin pursed her lips, hands gripping on her sling bag. "Let's go in."

When they reserved a seat, Ryujin & Taehyun ordered coffee as a treat. "How's Beomgyu?" Was the first question Ryujin asked. Taehyun couldn't really say Beomgyu's fine. His lover was confused with his family's situation and he's aware that Beomgyu is dying in curiosity. But Taehyun doesn't want to ruin his plan. So he did the least thing he would do. "Is he fine or something like that?"

"Yeah, Beomgyu's fine." He lied. Ryujin could only smile at the positive information. She is happy to hear that his brother is doing fine in Taehyun's watch. She could not afford giving Beomgyu to the wrong hold and trust. "You mentioned earlier that there's something you want to know. What is it?" Ryujin asked.

The waiter arrive when Taehyun was about to speak. He waited for the waiter to serve their drinks and go before he continued. "I know I should not invade your family's situation, but as Beomgyu's soon to be husband, I need and want to know everything of what's going on." He could see Ryujin gasping in a light motion.

"Please continue." She uttered. Taehyun was bothered from the way she lifted the mug and drank the coffee. "I know that you are keeping a secret from Beomgyu." Ryujin stopped from her actions and placed her cup to the table. It was obvious that she was surprised with the male's words. "And I won't let this go further. Beomgyu needs to know that his family is not so being true with him."

"What do you mean 'not so being true'?" She asked, feeling a sour pain on her chest when she realized what Taehyun said. Taehyun was not dumb to not notice something. "Why did you keep Mrs. Choi's condition as a secret?" Taehyun really tried his best to lower the tone of his voice, while Ryujin was taken aback.

"W-what are you talking about? Mom doesn't have any condition Beomgyu has to worry to. Mom is fine." Ryujin fought but Taehyun was not convinced. She is talking to him like this because she wants to push Taehyun away. But Taehyun wants to know. For the sake of my Beomgyu. He needs to find this out.

"Mr. Hwang is not an ordinary doctor. He is a well known surgeon but in behind his mask, Mr. Hwang is a doctor who deals with worser conditions. Might as well call as Leukemia." Ryujin gasped. "You might be thinking of how did I know that. My friend who died with this chronic disease told me that Mr. Hwang is no ordinary doctor who does surgeon. Everyone knows him as a surgeon, but if you're some of the riches who looks for a Leukemia dealer, you would find Mr. Hwang. When I heard his name getting mentioned while we were at the hospital the day Mom got admitted, I thought for a moment and tried to connect the dots. I heard from Beomgyu that you never told him about Mom's condition. And it really sucks to hear that you're keeping a secret from him." Taehyun paused and leaned over the table.

"Tell me the truth, Ryujin. What is happening to Mom? Does she have Leukemia?"

Ryujin is biting her lower lip, thoughts inside her head fighting if she should tell Taehyun or not. She promised to her parents about this. She promised that they won't tell anyone nor Beomgyu about Eujin's condition. But as she listened to Taehyun, her guards were slowly melting when she heard that his little brother doesn't have any idea about what's going on. But she just wanted to protect Beomgyu. She wants to protect him from the pain especially because his wedding is coming. She doesn't want Beomgyu to be sad before his wedding. She doesn't want Beomgyu to think about it during his important day.