Ch.22 Overeating?

It's been a while and the ninja have given up looking at their phones. It was a early Saturday morning and the ninja were sitting in their rooms.
It was sprinkling outside as the sun was being covered by the puffy, light grey clouds. "I wonder if Kai's okay." Nya said looking at the floor. "I'll go check on him." Cole said getting up. See, the ninja where in their separate rooms. But Saturday was they're lazy day, so they were in their rooms, on a zoom call. Cole got to Kai's door and knocked. After a couple seconds Kai slowly opened the door and stared at him.

"Uh.. Hey." Cole said, trying to break the awkward silence between them. Kai's phone then began to ring and upon hearing it, the ninja ran out of their rooms. Was it that call? Kai's eyes widened and he dashed over to his phone to see who was calling. He gasped and answered the phone as the ninja were jumping up and down at his door waiting to see what the information was. Kai said a goodbye and put his phone down on the table and looked down at the floor. He began to cry, but smile at the same time. "Kai?" Nya said, worrying for her brother. "Hey what happened?" Zane asked.

It was silent for a second before Kai spoke up. "Lloyd's awake!" He screamed, wiping his tears and grinning from ear to ear. "REALLY!?" Nya screamed, the ninja cheered and smiled. Lloyd was awake and doing well. Soon the ninja piled back into jays car and drove to the hospital. Once they got there they walked inside and over to the front desk. "Hello! Welcome back. You must be here to see Lloyd?" The lady at the front desk said. "I had a feeling everyone would want to see him, so I asked them if you all could go before I called because I knew you'd be here immediately. They said no, and give it three or so days. So I waited those three days to call you. So, I'll show you to his room. Marillynd, watch the counter for me while I'm gone." The lady at the front said. "Okey-dokey." They walked over to Lloyd's room as the lady opened the door and let them inside.

Lloyd was connected to all sorts of doohickeys and machines and it broke Kai's heart to see him the way he was now. Kai walked up to Lloyd's bed and looked at him, admiring the face he missed dearly. Lloyd opened his eyes slowly and smiled. "H-hey Kai." He said looking at him with a faint smile and blush. Lloyd looked tired and exhausted and so did Kai. Kai began to shed tears and lightly held Lloyd's hand. "I missed you." "I mis-ssed you too. Hey guys." Lloyd said looking at the others. "Hey. So how have you been doing. Other than.. Y'know." Cole asked. "If I'm being honest. I'm kinda scared. It's weird being hooked up to these things and the doctors are very protective. I can't eat very well right now either yet they still try and force my to eat." Lloyd replied.

"Well how much are they making you eat?" Nya asked. "Well.. Like a whole meal every five or so hours. It makes me feel sick." "That's a lot." Jay replied. "I'm pretty sure they should be finding something that you can eat without feeling like your about to throw up. And they shouldn't be feeding you that much." Zane said crossing his arms. "I'll talk to them." Kai said getting up from his seat. "Hey- no. Don't, please." Lloyd said tightening his grip on Kai's hand a little. Kai furrowed his eyes brows and looked to the ground then scoffed. "Fine. But you have to say something. If it makes you feel bad they shouldn't be doing it." Kai grumbled, sitting back down in his chair. "Overprotective much..." Jay mumbled under his breath.

X x x x x x x x x X

Heeeyy y'all. I'm back😎🤟 bai my little flames❤️🔥