ch.28 dinner with friends

Kai sat down, noticing Skylar at the table. "Hey sky, what are you doing here?" He asked her. "Oh, Nya invited me for dinner." "Without informing me." Zane grumbled under his breath. "Uh, yeah, sorry about that." Skylar replied, scratching the back of her neck. "It's fine. It's not your fault rather someone else's." Zane said, glaring at Nya. They began to eat in silence, Jay, being bored and uncomfortable in that silence spoke up, "Soooo, how was your sleep, Kai?" He asked. "What?" Kai asked. "Well you were in Lloyd's room when I went to bring you down for dinner, and you looked like you just got out of bed." That had gotten everyone's attention. They all turned they're heads to Kai and Lloyd, who had fallen asleep again.

"Shut tf up Jay." Kai said. Lloyd began to open his eyes and sit up, "how did I get to the table? Wait, what happened?" He asked. The ninja began to laugh at his comment. "What!? Stop laughing, I just asked a question!" Lloyd screamed, puffing out his cheeks and huffing. "That's adorable." Cole stated. "Shush!!" Lloyd yelped. "I agree with Cole, sorry nephew." Master Wu said, sipping his tea. "Wh- Uncle!!" "So do I." Kai said, looking to the side, innocently. "Of course you do." Lloyd rolled his eyes. "Hey, what?" Kai asked. "Nothing." The two began to fight as the others looked at each other. "You two fight like a married couple." Nya said. "No we don't." The two said in union. "Uh uh." Nya replied.

Kai looked at Lloyd's plate, realizing he hadn't eaten anything yet. "Lloyd, you need to eat something. You just got back from the hospital. You need to stay healthy, eat up." Kai said, picking up Lloyd fork and putting it in his hand. "Fine. But this isn't over." Lloyd said, stuffing spaghetti in his mouth. "Anyway, what have you been doing Skylar?" Nya asked, finishing the last bite of her food. "The uscg, working at the noodle house, nothing much." Cole got up from his seat, plate in hand. "Well maybe I'll stop by sometime. I haven't gotten noodles from there in a while." "Sounds good." She replied as Cole walked off into the kitchen.

"It's been a while, I still haven't tried those new rainbow noodles." Lloyd said. "Yeah, they've been best sellers for a while. Surprising you guys haven't gotten any yet." "You know what's really surprising? We haven't gotten any calls in a while." Jay said. "You'd think there'd be a villain out and about." Nya replied. "Yeah, it's kind of fishy if you ask me." Cole added, sitting back down with a full plate of food. "Wait, there hasn't been any calls?" Lloyd asked. "No, not one." P.I.X.A.L replied. (I forgot about Pix, sorry y'all.)

"You're not going to be fighting for a while anyway." Wu said. "What! Why?" Lloyd asked. "I agree with him, Lloyd. You can't even walk well yet. How are you going to run if you need to? Can you even swing a sword?" "Much less your spingitsu." Jay added. "But.." Lloyd whined, "Lloyd. Your not fighting anyone. Not yet at least, you could get hurt." Kai snapped. Lloyd looked at him then crossed his arms and pouted. "Look, I don't want you to get hurt. None of us do." Kai said. "Well, I'm done. " Nya said The others said they were too and were ready for dessert. Nya got out the cake and cut a slice for everyone. Once they were done with desert Skylar had gotten a text and had to leave.

They all said they're goodbyes and Skylar walked out the door. The lot watched a couple movies before deciding to go to bed. They cleaned up they're mess in the living room and got ready for bed. "Night guys." Nya said walking into her room. "Night Sis." Kai responded with a toothbrush in his mouth. "Goodnight, Nya." Jay replied, poking his head out of his room. "Uh, Kai?" Lloyd said, after swishing water in his mouth and spitting into the sink. "Yes?" Kai responded after doing the same. "Can you lay with me tonight?" He asked. "Sure, if you want." Kai responded. "I'm going to take a quick shower first though. I'll be right back, okay?" Kai said, getting a nod from Lloyd. Lloyd walked to his room, nearly falling on his face a couple times. "Damnit." He grumbled.

Lloyd opened his door and decided to take a shower too. He grabbed a towel and a change of clothes. He took a quick shower then got dressed in the bathroom. "I forgot a shirt.. How did I forget a shirt?" He said walking out of the bathroom to see Kai waiting on his bed. "Uh.. Hey." He said. Kai looked at him and blinked. Looking at him up and down. Lloyd blushed and grabbed a random shirt from his closet to put on, "Don't look at me like that." Lloyd mumbled, "Sorry." Kai replied, putting his phone on the desk next to Lloyd's bed.

"Fine just, let's go to bed." Lloyd said, hitting the switch on his wall to turn off the light. He walked over to bed clumsily and sat down. They got in bed, under the covers and fell sound asleep. Tomorrow awaits, a very busy day indeed, considering it would be Jays birthday.

- - - - - - - - -

Wassup ppl? Sorry I haven't written anything. I started this four or five days ago but when 8 left it off a second it deleted on me! I was super mad and too tired to finish it and I dragged it on till now, so apologies for the wait everyone. I'm in the car now going to Orlando! I'm going to Diney Wrld (Disney World) and I cant wait! I'll be there for three days because of MLK day. (Martin Luther King Day) how are you guys and gals doing? Hope your doing great! Thanks for reading this chapter and this book. I'm working hard on it.

Word count: 1010

Bai my little flames🔥