Chapter 1

"Did you really have to do this?" A aggravated groan came from my mother.

"Yes. Yes, I did." My own voice sounded dull and unmerciful.

"Fine then. I'm not going to help you if you leave." The threats start.

"I don't need your help, that's why I'm leaving." I rolled my eyes.

This whole conversation was over the dumbest thing. A while ago, I applied for a new job out of state. I have been living with my mother longer than I had wished for. If you haven't filled the blanks yet, my mom was mad I was moving out and moving so far.

I was going to drive there myself the next morning. I've had to wait to tell her since I am scared she will fight me on it. I was almost going to tell her I was leaving right before I got in the car but decided against it.

I left the scene abruptly to my now empty room. My face smacked almost uncomfortably on the pillow as I let my body flop down.

"Just one night." I whispered to my anxious self.

This was going to be the first time on my own and I would be lying if I said I was fine. I know nothing was going to go wrong. I already got a house to move into and a job to start but deep down, I felt like something was going to be bad.

I pushed all my anxious thoughts to the side and let my body relax into the sheets. Sleep overcame me soon after.

~○~

Beep beep beep

The annoying alarm clock woke me up from my slumber. I wanted to wake up in a good mood but after having a full night of nightmares, I wasn't ready to leave the warm bed.

Even with the lazy thoughts, I pulled myself out of the bed and on my feet. Everything that I have left outside of the car was quickly grabbed and brought to the front of the house. Just a single box left out of the car.

I left the box there and went to the kitchen for breakfast. My mother was making herself food. She noticed my presence but did not acknowledge it.

There was only a few options and I went for a fast and safe one. Cereal sat in front of me on the table as I started to eat. I ate fast so I could leave but not so fast that I felt sick.

"You can change your mind, you know." I jumped at the sudden voice.

"I know." I turned to my mother.

My bowl of cereal was almost empty and she's trying to convince me to stay. I quickly finished off the rest of the food so I could leave.

"Goodbye." I said as I grabbed the final box.

No response came from inside the house. Cold, but I know she is sad.

I packed everything into my car and got in the driver's seat. A deep breath left my lungs. My mother's tricks seem to be working but I pushed the thoughts of staying out of my mind and started the car.

~○~

??? POV

"Please I'll pay you... I'll- I can give you anything." The man before me crawled on the ground, leaving a thick trail of blood behind him.

"Say cheese." My own joke pleased me as I snapped a picture of him while I stabbed my trusty knife into his heart.

It was all over. My time spent stalking and my final strike pleased me. His death was slow and painful, just how it should be.

I wanted to take my mask off and see the scene in front of me but decided against it. The smell of death came through the fabric at least.

It felt like I had all the time in the world. I did not. I needed to leave before this man's wife found his body. This would be a great story for tomorrow. I will astonish the readers with the twisted text I will write.

I was so caught up thinking about what I will write about that I stayed above his body more than usual. A car could be heard approaching the house. His wife was home.

I swiftly exited through an open window, leaving the gruesome scene behind me with no evidence. A piercing scream came from the house as I vanished into the shadows.

Once I was far away enough I could relax and take the mask off. The cold air brushed against my skin when a new thought came to mind.

"Whats her name...?" I whispered to myself as I was deep in thought.

"Y/N." I did a small victory clap when I remembered her name. The new journalist.

She is going to be working on the Ghostface murders. We are not partners but the way our boss puts it, we might as well be. I can not wait to stalk her. Show her what the Ghostface really is. I will have to take my time though. Make sure everyone knows who she is so when I take her out, the shock value will go through the roof.

~○~

Y/N POV

I hummed along to the music of the playlist I made for this trip. It seemed to keep me entertained enough. That was until my phone started to ring, making the lovely melody stop.

A sign left my mouth as I answered the phone, scared that it would be my mother begging me to come back.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi, is this Y/N?" A vaguely familiar voice chimed through the phone.

"It is."

"Its Henry, your new boss." Thats why the voice was familiar. We have only spoken during the interview for this job. "I know you're going to move in today but I was wondering if you could come in for your first time also. I hope I'm not to demanding but there was a new Ghostface murder last night and the public wants information."

I thought before answering. I have a lot to do but if this launches my career I should take the opportunity right?

"Yeah I can come in. I'm still in the car on the way there."

So my journey begins.

~○~

A/N
Heyyyy
New story 👀
I still have my other books going on atm but don't worry I will still update everything