Chapter 41

My eyes sleepily opened to see I was still pushed up against Danny's chest. The blanket, along with his hand on my back, kept me in place. His chest rumbled slightly when he awoke with a groan.

"Good morning." Danny kissed the top of my head again.

"It's too early." I stayed in place, still not exactly excited about wherever he's taking me.

"We gotta keep going." Danny was running his hand through my hair. "You can stay asleep, but I need to at least get up."

"Fine." I groaned as I moved off of him, pushing the blanket off to the floor. It wasn't cold anymore now that the sun was shining. In fact, it was hot inside the car since there wasn't any shade keeping us out of the heat.

I got up to my feet outside the car, stretching my back and arms. Danny got out after me, grabbing the pillow and blankets to put back into the trunk. He grabbed a different bag out of the trunk, handing it to me. I glanced inside to see bottled water and snacks. He really did think this through.

I got in the passenger seat while he got in the driver's seat. Just like that, it was the same thing all over again. It's not my ideal car ride.

Danny turned on the radio for us to listen to. A few songs were on until they stopped while a voice spoke with urgency.

"Jed Olsen and Y/N L/N have gone missing. Police say they could be linked to the murders of Ghostface-" Danny was fast to click off the radio.

"They think I... No." My voice sounded weak once I realized I'm a top suspect. I was already a suspect, but now that I'm missing, it just makes me look suspicious. If only they knew what happened to me.

"Don't worry about it. They'll never find you." Danny glanced over at me, placing a hand on my thigh. "Not while I'm around."

"Right..." I muttered. I know he meant to make me feel better, but the way he worded it really didn't help.

~Time Skip~

After way too long, buildings started to pop up. A large distance between them until they got closer and closer together the further we got into town. I had no idea where we were, trying to use clues to figure it out. Even with the clues, the only thing I knew was that it was just another small town. Just like Roseville. Will this town face the wrath of Ghostface?

"You like it?" Danny spoke up, turning down the music.

"Where are we?" I didn't even look at him, my focus staying out the window as more buildings passed by.

"Just a small town." Danny drove until he pulled into a neighborhood. "Home sweet home."

He parked the car in the driveway of a small house. I could only see one window from the front, surrounded by the faint tan color of the rest of the home. Part of the roof looked like it was on the verge of falling off.

"It looks..." My voice trailed off as I looked at the house. It was probably fine, but there were definitely a lot of problems with it.

"Don't worry, it'll get better. Just needs some work." Danny opened the car door and stepped out. I couldn't get out because he kept the door locked. I wish I could get out the second the car stopped so I could stretch my legs out after sitting in the car for so long.

Danny walked around the car to the passenger side and opened the door wide after unlocking it.

"Wanna take a look?" He held his hand out to me, an expectant look in his eyes. My eyes scanned from his hand to his face, hesitant to move. "Come on now, I won't bite."

"I'm not too sure about that, actually." I said while lightly placing my hand on his. The second my skin touched his, he grabbed on tightly to lead me inside.

Danny practically pulled me out of the car. Making my legs stumble on the driveway as I stood up. I caught myself, keeping steady so I don't fall down.

"Kiss me." Danny whispered in my ear while pulling my hand up to his chest.

"What?" My voice sounded baffled even though it didn't sound nearly as confused as how I felt. What's with the sudden request?

"The neighbors looking through the window." Danny leaned forward further, his breath hot against my face as he spoke. "Let's act like a normal couple, yeah?"

"Can't we just be sister and brother or something?"

"That's not a good cover, sweetheart. Come on, it's not like it's new." Danny was really taking it slow, letting me make the first move instead of forcing me. Even though he's definitely still leading the way and setting everything up the exact way he wants things to go.

"Doesn't mean -" Danny cut me off, smashing his lips against mine. So I was wrong. He wasn't letting me get away without a kiss, even if he had to make the first move.

"Nosy neighbors are gonna be a problem, but nothing I can't handle. Don't talk to them without me around." Danny whispered against my lips before pulling away and dragging me to the back of the car.

"Can I trust you to take these in?" He said while opening the trunk and taking out some suitcases.

"Yeah. Is the door unlocked?" I took the suitcases along with some bags. The wheels helped as I dragged them up the driveway and to the front door, Danny right behind me.

"I got the key here." He went around me, setting everything down for a moment to unlock the door.

The second the door opened, I felt the air rush out and blow past me. A scent of mustiness, wood, and a hint of decay. Danny had to have gotten a discount on this house.

~○~