Chapter 20

Ghostface lost interest in me, but he also wouldn't leave my house.

"Sit down." He stood out of my way, looking between me and the couch. I listened, scared to disobey the one with the knife. He stayed standing up beside the couch.

"Are you Randy?" I had to build up the courage to ask. I was so back and forth about it that Randy was far too sweet, but that could all be a lie to hide his dark side.

Ghostface let out a chuckle. His voice changer turned robotic for a second due to the loud sound.

"I should be offended. That nerd? No, I'm not him."

"How can I trust you?"

He didn't move a muscle, just looking at me with those large black eyes on the mask. His fast and sudden movement made me jump as he sat down beside me.

"I'm going to show you something. Don't you even think of using this information against me." His voice was stern.

I stayed quiet, unsure of what to say. I sat completely still as if he would kill me if I moved. After a long silence, Ghostface looked down at his arm. He pulled his sleeve up to his elbow, leaving his glove on.

"Randy doesn't have arms like these." Ghostface said. I could tell he was talking with a grin. My eyes moved from his horrid mask to his bare arm. He was white besides the few bruises and scratches that were all over. He was quite tone, and I could see a fair amount of blood vessels.

Ghostface was watching me intently. Eyeing me behind the mask as he always does. That was until his free hand grabbed onto mine, pulling it on top in his arm. His hand went back to his side as he let me feel his arm.

"What are these from?" I asked as my fingers lightly touched the scratches and scars.

"Believe it or not, some people don't want to die. They fight back, just like you did."

I stopped focusing on his arm for a second and looked back up at his mask. I wondered what he looked like under there. He was right. He can't be Randy when he has arms like these. Randy had short sleeves, I'd see if he had bruises or scars like these.

This could help me pinpoint Ghostface, except for the fact that I didn't know many people and almost all the people I do know wear long sleeves. I can't just go around looking at people's arms, either. Ghostface said not to use this information against him. He would know if I'm looking.

"Do you trust that I'm not Randy now?" He moved his sleeve back down in the blink of an eye, hiding away his imperfections.

"Yeah. I feel bad now." I admitted, "I even called another friend just to make sure I didn't get murdered."

"Don't be. Jed looked happy to be there. That and I see the way you look at him." Ghostface laughed as if it was the funniest thing he's heard all day.

"It's not like that." I dismissed his theory, even though it was only slightly true.

"Like him or not..." Ghostface stood up and started to walk to the door, "Just stay alone. It's so much easier to stalk you."

He waved at me before walking through the front door. I just locked that... How did he unlock it so easily without me hearing it at all? He shut the door behind him, locking it from the outside. At least he's considerate enough to do that. Does he have a key? That sneaky bastard.

Now that I was alone, I felt a lot more comfortable. I didn't believe that he'd come back here. Hopefully not. That interaction wasn't what I expected it to be. I thought he would do nothing but torment me. Instead, he seemed so docile. He acted like a real person. Something I've never thought I'd see.

Sure, he is a human being. Everyone knows that. He just doesn't show it. All Ghostface is known for is mentally torturing people until he physically tortures them. There has never been a report of him showing off his arms to prove he isn't a certain suspect. Why was it so important to him that I knew he wasn't Randy? This man makes me think and question way too many things.

I relaxed into the couch, unable to when Ghostface was here. I pressed play on the movie and moved on in the night as if nothing had happened at all. That would be the best thing to do for my sanity right now.

Even though I was focusing so hard on forgetting Ghostface, he kept popping into my mind. He could be watching me right now. I doubt he's going to kill me. Not yet, at least. I should be safe for tonight.

~○~

After the movie finished, I ended up falling asleep quickly. On the couch, of course. I was still too traumatized to go into the bedroom when I was previously attacked.

"Work... again." I reminded myself as I woke up with a yawn. I really needed a break. A break I couldn't afford. My article is going to be on the front page today. Everyone knows about my experience with Ghostface now. That's something I wanted to keep private, but due to my job and my life, I had to publish it all.

I got ready like I normally did. Making sure I was physically and emotionally stable before walking into the building. It was just as busy as it always was.

I picked up the newest released newspaper to see my article on the cover, along with a photograph of Ghostface. Jed took the photo. It's still a mystery of how good he is at it. Maybe the Ghostface lets him take pictures. The same way he let's me live to write about him.

~○~