chapter 25

With the upmost confidence, this was quite possibly the biggest step romantically Rae has taken on her own.

In her previous experiences with dating, she usually waited for them to make the first move. It didn't help that she had this strange lack of desire to want anything more from them. She has kissed guys before, some of them good of course some bad. Yet she has never even kissed Samuel, but all she could think about was the things she would do to him.... and the  things she would let him do to her.

She was fully aware that her insecurities hindered her dating life. She continued to ask herself how she was so comfortable around him? It helped her drastically.

Back in the current moment, Rae was hyper aware of everything that was going on. Her full body weight now leaned on her right hip as her body was twisted to be more on the right. She could feel how strong his thigh was as she placed her right hand there to lean forward. Her left hand using the table, needing some thing stable as she took the opportunity.

Closing her eyes, she was surprised that slow music didn't start playing and time didn't stop as her lips touched his. He barely kissed her back, knowing of all of the signals and feeling her this close: it still was a short one.

Sweet like her.

Nervous, with her breath now completely taken away, she backed up a couple of inches to gauge his reaction.

Everything happened so fast...

It all started with Samuels low growl. Rae wasn't sure whether the noise was good or bad and could barely manage to exhale from the force of Samuel grabbing her left hand that rested on the table to pull her forward towards him, falling into him in the booth. He felt her grip tighten on his thigh and her shocked expression making him smirk. Unable to help himself, he now cupped both of her cheeks to kiss her.

If it wasn't obvious in this moment, Rae has never been kissed like this in her entire life.

The way their lips moved against one another's, definitely felt like something from a movie. Like there is a whole crew and a Director, telling them exactly how they wanted them to kiss to portray what they felt in that moment.

It felt like if their lives amounted to anything, it was meant to be this exact moment: their first kiss.

Rae wasn't sure when her left hand was almost fully on the side of his neck, more towards the back to make sure that he didn't move. She could definitely tell Samuel was good at this kind of stuff, from the kiss alone and the shock that jolted through her as she felt his tongue brush across her lips. Even though it was a quick brush, she could tell it was a sign to deepen it further.

Samuel wasn't sure if Rae knew exactly what she was doing or if she was just naturally good at it. Here she was almost certain she had no idea that the hands used to lean on his thigh was now much closer to a more sensitive part.

It was only a couple of seconds from when he pulled her towards him to kiss her and now her hand moving closer and closer. Remembering they were both in public and would definitely be equally embarrassed, Samuel broke the kiss. He desperately needed to grab her hand away from where it was going.

Rae did not expect Samuel to not only interrupt their moment but to pull her away by gently pulled her ponytail. His hand remained in her curls, still not letting go as his free hand landed firmly on hers. She wasn't sure why he still held her hair and she did not expect that to enjoy it as much as she was.

It felt like he was in complete control over this moment... and her.

It was hot for not only Rae but for Samuel too.