chapter 29

Samuel and David leaned on the bar, waiting for their drinks. David was already pretty drunk while Samuel sat there, and staring at his phone, continuing to check the time and check his messages. The last time Rae and texted was almost half hour ago when she said she was on her way.

"You're obsessed," David laughed as he grabbed Samuel's shoulder. Luckily, he joined
in on the joke to laugh with him.

"No, I'm not," he corrected as David rolled his eyes. The loud music, making it difficult to hold a conversation as they could barely hear one another. "Whatever you say!" David yelled as he took another shot and headed back towards where everyone was dancing. All Samuel could do was shake his head with the bartender who is dressed only in lingerie and currently cleaning the bar next to him. She flashed him a flirty smile, and a wink before someone called for her to get drinks and she walked off.

He tried to see David to occupy his time and mind but couldn't see him in the crowd.

A large part of him actually looking around to see if he could spot Rae.

Just then he felt his phone vibrates as he quickly unlocked it to read that she said they were there and waiting in line. Now desperate to find David who of course, was friends with the bouncer. Laughing lightly at being pushed and pulled from everyone dancing.

Finally spotting him he had his hand reached towards him and asked him to come help, and David agreed. As he somehow managed to help David up the stairs to head towards the entrance before heading outside. Samuel excitedly looking around has David greeted the bouncer once again.

Unable to spot her, even though he was one of the tallest people outside, he decided to call her. Hearing her phone ring she told him she was waving as he saw the top of Dalia's head and her long arm reach out to wave. "Come up to the front," Samuel told her before hanging up the phone.

Dahlia was the first to walk up the sidewalk, ignoring all of the peoples' comments about them getting in. Dahlia had on a long, blonde wig with a rainbow make-up look that even had a few gems applied to her face, and a skin tight mesh dress. Dahlia could see Samuel looking for Rae as she smirked to step aside. Enjoying seeing his eyes widen at the sight of her.

Samuel took in her outfit from the feet up: the white boots, the skin tight two-piece outfit, and the way it complimented her skin tone and fit way too well. The brown cropped leather jacket she wore, and the brown smoky eye that made her brown eyes pop, her plump lips full of gloss and her hair flowing wildly around her.

Rae couldn't help the small smile she had on her face as she took note of how handsome Samuel looked. As usual, he was head to toe in black but the way he wore that black leather jacket was criminal.

"Damn Dahlia, you looking good!" David interrupted their moment as she thanked him and gave him the same compliment back, looking him up and down. David's eyes finally landed on Rae and as he was building up to yell, Dahlia did damage control as she firmly turned him around and pushed him inside.

"Hey Sam," Rae greeted him first as he still stood speechless. The sounds of frustrated people growing louder as they continued to stand in front of the doors. The dark lighting doing nothing but making him look even more handsome.

"You guys can't block the door," the bouncer's deep, intimidating voice making Rae turn to apologize. She reached to open the door, not sure what to do or say to Samuel who still hasn't spoken a word. Looking up, she realized he reached to open the door, his arm directly above her head as she walked in first. The music invading all of her senses as she gently pulled her skirt down. Slightly uncomfortable being exposed the way that she was.

With the space, feeling smaller than it was, there was people everywhere. Some people trying to leave the building, some people going downstairs towards where most of the other people were or just standing around. Rae tried to walk forward but kept getting pushed around. With her being unsure, she landed directly into Samuel; her back side to his front and all he could do was look down at her.

She slightly turned her head to gauge his reaction yet all she saw was a flash of his smile before he rubbed down her arm to grab her hand and walk them forward. Now following behind him, as he somehow managed to get through the crowd and start heading down the stairs. The music getting louder and louder, the floors and walls were vibrating.

All she could do was admire the w looked full space. the bobbing of bodies from people dancing practically everywhere. With Samuel still silent, she needed to say anything, "I need a drink," she lightly pulled on his arm to bring herself closer to say up towards his ear. Nodding to acknowledge her, they now headed towards the bar. It was clearly in both of their sights though all she could now see and feel was a blur as he forcefully pulled her into a little cut out on the side. She was looking over at the bar confused as her back landed against the wall. She had no time to react as both of Samuel's arms landed on the wall and he caged her in.

"Beautiful," was the only thing Rae heard as she looked up at him. Something about his gaze extremely different than ever before, and she couldn't pinpoint exactly how he was feeling. The usually soft, sweet look in his eyes vanished.

"Thank you- you look handsome." Genuinely did not even recognize the voice that spoke those words. She sounded so breathless and meek. "Thank you... and as much as I am quite literally dying to kiss you, I'm afraid we'll never get to the bar like you want."

Raw felt like she hasn't seen him in weeks and didn't wanna waste this opportunity. Leaning up on her heeled toes. She grabbed the collar of his leather jacket and pulled him down towards her. Knowing her mouth was full of lip gloss, she planted a small, short kiss, unable to help the smile that she now wore.

Even the loudness around her couldn't mute the very deep noise that Samuel made, making her want to squeeze her legs tighter. Focusing, she used one of her free hands to wipe the remnants of her lipgloss from his lips. She heard his hand lightly hitting the wall behind her as she turned her head to look.

"I'm starting to think you enjoy getting me like this," Samuel whispered directly in her ear, while her head was turned. Before she could react, he grabbed her hand once more and started going back to their original destination.