chapter 58

****SPICY CONTENT WARNING
YOU CAN SKIP AHEAD IF YOURE UNCOMFY BUT KNOW THERE IS JUICY DIALOGUE*****

"And if I do?" Samuel now leaned a hand on the wall beside her. Rae rolled her eyes again, now crossing her arms allowing more of her chest to be on display. This time her eyes followed the length of his arm, the familiar butterflies in her stomach attempting to distract her at how close he was.

"Then me too and you should back up," her flat hand now between them. Making Samuel laugh as he stood up straight, backing away to give her even more space. "I will never understand."

"Never understand what?" Her voice full of anger still.

"How you needed space," he now shook his head, using a hand to rub down his face, "you always feel so fucking good." The way he looked through his lashes at her made her legs press together. "Did I never feel good to you, Rae?"

The way his voice dropped a few octaves immediately made her break eye contact. Needing to look away from him. "You should ask your girlfriend that," her response was meant to come out angry and instead sounded like a plea. She pressed herself further into the brick wall behind her, feeling how close he'd gotten to her.

"I've been waiting for you," his lips were so much closer to her ear, "I can't have a girlfriend since my last one left me... I'm stuck," Samuel wanted to back away to see her face, yet had all the reassurance he needed at the sound of her breaths.

"Why the hell would she do that?" Rae's drunken self immediately folded and understood that right now, instead of spending his time with that girl she saw, he was here.

"Your guess is as good as mine, sunshine," his words and that nickname made Rae go feral. Any repercussions or consequences she may face from this, didn't matter to her. Samuel felt the way she grabbed him to kiss him. He could hear her moans as she pressed her body against his. Leaving him no choice but to reciprocate. Now pushing her against the wall and using it for support as they were still kissing one another.

Finding some semblance of sanity in their lust driven state, he broke the kiss. Not stopping Rae from admiring and appreciating him. Memories flooded back of them together, "we gotta stop." He attempted to regain control, while his hand was still feeling down her body. Remembering every curve and how soft it is. "Rae-" Pulling away from him fully, she just stared at him. He could clearly see how annoyed she was, making him want to smile.

"I don't do hookups anymore," he shrugged before smugly walking away from her. She stared at him confused as he disappeared back into the bar.

That foreign but welcome pressure back where it belongs as she struggled to follow after him. Each step making her want him even more as the loud music and conversations invaded her ears. Her headache massive and hitting her all at once as she tried and failed to look around.

Half tripping to find a wall, she fell and was caught by Dahlia.

"Girl your makeup," she laughed while trying to help her friend and wipe the mess she now was. Rae held her wrist to stop her, "I wanna go home."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm fine, I just wanna go," she reassured her, "I'm sobered up... almost."

"Let's go then."

"No! You stay here," Rae nodded, "I'll- just uh- text you when I get home. Uber." 

"Oh okay."

Rae nodded arguing with Dahlia before leaving alone.

Eventually she found her way back towards David, filling him in as much as she could. Both of them disappointed that Rae chickened out. Samuel was busy still looking around for her, wishing she had chased after him like he'd hoped.