chapter 37

"Turn it this way to make the water colder if you need too," Samuel was explaining their modern faucet and all Rae could do was stare at his muscular back. Watching it flex as he pointed and pulled the faucet while the shower started adding background noise.

Ever since he asked her to shower, the image of it never left her mind. She was vividly imagining what it would be like. Hoping one day she'll be comfortable enough in her own skin.

"Did you completely miss all of that?" Samuel asked from in front of her as she shook her head lightly to refocus.

"Maybe," her playful response making him smile down at her, "I'll grab your bag." He added with a soft chuckle before leaving her alone in his bathroom.

Looking around almost frantic, she took quick breaths before quickly undressing and hopping in the shower. Showering for the first time in anyone else's place was awkward. She remembered showering at Gabby's place for the first time when they were kids, and she felt so exposed. Even now, she was a little embarrassed to admit that she was overthinking just as much as she did when she was a child. Although this time, she was scared out of her thoughts as Samuel open the door.

She then realized he didn't even knock, and all she could hear was him setting her bag down on the toilet. "Oh and here's a washcloth," he added, as he put his hand through the shower curtain to hand it to her. Rae's eyes were huge as she glared at his hand, only a few feet away from her naked body.

"Right... thanks." Samuel took note of how small her voice was as she gently took it from his hand. He didn't even need to see her to know that she was feeling either uncomfortable or overwhelmed. Not saying another word, he just left the bathroom closing the door.

Through the door, he spoke again, "just leave the water running when you're done. I'll wait for you in the hallway after I tell David that you're in the shower so no one will walk in. I promise."

Internally, Rae was so thankful for him speaking to her through the door. A larger part of her was more upset with the fact that she was not more at ease.

What was wrong with her? She kept asking herself, over and over. Mindlessly washing her body and before she knew it, she was ready to get out. The steam from the shower, somehow helping her take deep breaths to further calm down.

Quickly rubbing herself down with the towel, she sucked her teeth as it barely wrapped around her body. Adjusting it, so she was mostly covered though the side was open. All she could look at was the door. Knowing he was on the other side just... waiting.

"You got this Rae. You can do it." She whispered to herself as she opened the door.

Samuel was just staring at his phone at first. Until he heard the door click to open to look up. He would've never expected to see her barely covered in his towel or soaking wet from just having stepped out of the shower. Her curls up in a messy high bun, and the tiny baby hairs sticking to her skin on her neck and in front of her ears. Rae stood strong, trying her best to fight it even as she watched his eyes taking in her indecent form.

"I- um didn't wanna leave the water running for that long." Rae said softly and innocently. As if that was the real reason she stood there damn near naked.

Not wanting to question it, all Samuel did was nod, trying not to smirk as he walked into the bathroom with her. His long strides making her swallow loudly. "Wow was the bathroom always this small?" She added with a nervous chuckle.

"I wish it was much smaller," he tried lightening the mood with a small joke, although Rae's focus was on the way he licked his lips after he spoke. The mirror coated in condensation and the air heavy. The sound of the shower still running filled the loud silence.

Samuel felt the same as Rae, except he wanted to see more. She just stood there wrapped in a small towel. He watched as the water droplets randomly rolled down different parts of her body. Following one that rolled from the side of her neck and now down her exposed shoulder.

He was positive that she had no idea how attractive she was because if she did, she should've known better than to open the door looking the way she looked right now.

"I'm gonna hop in now," he broke the tension as they still stood a few feet away from each other.

Rae didn't even know what to think. Nodding quickly, she stepped aside to make room for him, "I promise I won't look." She added before turning to face the bathroom sink away from the shower. Samuel was now behind her, fully smiling as he began to undress.

"Do I have to make the same promise?" He said just to get a reaction. Which he did and she turned with a playful look on her face ready to stop him from talking. Rae's eyes immediately landed on all of the exposed skin as he stood there only his underwear.

Outlines of muscles she had only ever seen through her phone screen on some model's socials.

Samuel watched her smile fall before seeing the one hand that was barely holding up the towel grip the material so tight, it started to lift the towel.

Barely able to move once again, she reluctantly looked back up to see Samuel immediately lock eyes. What she didn't expect... like... at all, was his boldness and confidence. Samuel slowly started to take off his underwear right in front of her. He bent over slightly to pull them down to see her eyes widen before using a free hand to aggressively slap it over her eyes, "Samuel!"

"What?" He said as he chuckled in disbelief. She couldn't help the smile that grew on her face as she felt his hand now pulling at her wrist. Knowing now that he was that close to her fully naked, she started laughing. Samuel returning the laughter as he gave up on trying to free her eyes, "get in the shower," she added, she uncovered her eyes with her hand though they remained tightly shut.

She paid close attention to listen to his footsteps and hear the shower curtain move. "Alright, alright. Your eyes are safe." Fully trusting him, Rae opened her eyes only to see his bare butt. Samuel busted out laughing at her reaction.

"Some people are too comfortable with their bodies." She added, as her laughter started to die off. Knowing she could trust him enough she started to dry off and get dressed.

"Am I some people? Are you talking about me?" Samuel asked as he let the water run down his head and body

She continued to laugh, and that was all the response Samuel needed as his smile widened in the shower. Feeling more at ease knowing she was here and laughing.

He didn't want to admit that he wanted her to be more comfortable with not only her own body but with his. So he decided to try and make her laugh instead. Hoping that even her seeing his bare ass and laughing at it was enough to even make her slightly more comfortable.

"I'm gonna wait outside, it's hot in here." Rae told Samuel, snapping him from his thoughts.

When he bummed response, she gathered her things in her bag and walked out. Expecting to see David, she didn't see him anywhere and saw his empty bowl in the sink. Not sure where to go and wait. She just stared at Samuel's bedroom door.