chapter 30

Samuel ordered the drinks while Rae begin to look around. A part of her looking for Dahlia while trying to busy her self from how Samuel was making her feel. She still wasn't used to the feelings that innately made her wanted to act on them. She wasn't sure how to approach any situation or initiate anything more than what they've already done.

Each time she sees him, it gets worse and worse.

Now her mind was making her think about all of the things they could do. Already buzzed, she closed her eyes for a moment before turning back around. The amount of drinks in front of them and the bartender who was still working on some made her eyebrows raise. "No, I'm not trying to get you drunk," Samuel informed her, making her laugh which she desperately needed. She felt like she was going insane, "I told them to come over."

She nodded, afraid to look at him or else she'd imagine him bending her over the bar. Not even having the choice, she felt Samuel's fingers on her chin to start to move her face. Letting him, as he wasn't entirely sure how much makeup she had on, but he knew that she didn't have that much blush on. He waited with a confident smile on his face as she slowly opened her brown eyes to look at him.

"You all right there sunshine?" Samuel asked, leaning towards her as it was so loud. He couldn't help but take note of how slowly she bit her lip and seemed to react to those words alone. Embarrassed, she closed her eyes again and leaned further away from his touch. He played along, still smiling at her before handing her a shot.

"Thank you," she said, barely looking up at him through her lashes. Samuel picturing her in a very different position: specifically on her knees.
The sound and feeling of Dahlia and David stumbling towards them, lightly sweaty and reaching between them for the shots gave them the much needed buffer.

Dahlia could tell Rae had some thing going on. She wasn't exactly sure what it was but after they all had their drinks, she immediately grabbed Rae to pull her to dance with her. She was happy to feel that she wasn't trying to not dance and was just following where she lead her. "You good?" She asked as they both began swaying to the music.

Nodding with a smile, not wanting to give details about exactly what her how she was feeling. "I just wanna dance," she beamed. Never saying no to dancing Dahlia took the hint and stopped talking.

Samuel and David stayed back, both of them having another drink. "How much had you, did drank?" David asked, Samuel already knowing that they were probably at the same level. He just did a better job at hiding it and chuckled, especially at his seemingly disheveled and drunk state. "Apparently not as much as you," his response, making David laugh as they both look towards where the girls were dancing.

"You like her a lot, don't you?"

David's question catching Samuel slightly off guard. Never taking his eyes off of Rae, having a great time with Dahlia. Finishing his drink, "honestly at first... I wasn't sure if I was just being childish," he confessed to David, more than slightly feeling the effects of all the alcohol, "like thinking, what if I was just trying to get with her because I used to like her and I always wanted to- but it isn't like that. I just like her– a lot."

David asked the bartender for another drink as he patted Samuel on the back firmly. "Oh my little boy is all grown up." He added making Samuel laugh before they took their last drinks.

And meanwhile, Rae and Dahlia were still having a good time. The liquid courage must've been muting out her insecurities as Dahlia remembered how much they drank before they left the apartment. Rae just drank it all very quickly and she assumed it was hitting right now. "I'm hot!" Rae yelled, barely sweating as she began to slide off the leather jacket. It was slouching off her shoulders, but still on as she continue dancing, "I'm having so much fun!"