CHAPTER ONE

Three years, three years down the drain. Great.

"You know what, fuck it." Adam said, my boyfriend, the love of my life I thought. I thought wrong.

"What do you mean, 'fuck it'?" I question even though I know exactly where this is heading. "Are you an idiot Ashley, I found someone else, this" he gestures to me then him, "were over, I don't know what I was thinking. Leave." Was the only thing he said before I stormed out of the room tears urging to fall out.

I hear him shout "YOU HAVE THIRTY FUCKING MINUTES TO PACK YOUR SHIT AND LEAVE."

To be honest I don't know where I would go, I am a 20-year-old with parents who kicked me out after finding out that I was dating my thought to be love of my life in high school. Adam. My parents were very strict, they only ever cared about school. Where would a 20-year-old go?

After packing and leaving that useless bastard, I drove, where? I don't know. Right now, I am just hoping for the best.

After finding places to stay, searching on google for the cheapest option to stay at, I finally found a motel nearby where I work, the coffee hut and decided to stay there for a few nights until I got back on my feet, well I'm hoping I would get back on my feet.

The next day I woke up at five in the morning, I just couldn't sleep, the love of my life cheated on me left me, and I stayed with him and left my parents. That's what you would do if you loved someone. Sacrifice. But I will never do that again. Never again.

I would never fall for someone again and sacrifice my whole life just to make this one person happy. Adam was my first heartbreak. Why me? I have done so much for him but why me? I got up and took a shower trying to get yesterday's memories to disappear like it never happened. Trying to get those three perfect years to disappear.

Brushing my teeth and putting my hair in a messy bun I dragged myself getting ready into my work uniform. I wasn't bothered to look good today or try act my best to be happy. I just felt numb, and I felt pain. Betrayal. I still can't get his perfect image out of my head, how attractive and cute he was, how caring and nice he was, how he would always buy me flowers. How he comforted me when my parents kicked me out.

I hate Adam, I hate how this happened to me. I never want to fall in love again, spend time for the person you love just to make them happy. Never again.

I went to work. The last place I want to be right now. The only thing making me go is because my best friend works with me. Jessica, or Jess.

She has always been with me since day one, she is understanding, we have the same taste in everything. She's like my twin or a dream sister that I never had, she would always help me through rough times. She is just an amazing person in general. She is my amazing person.

I drove ten minutes and in those 10 minutes, I questioned my existence, listened to songs, then just questioned my life again, until I ended up at work, ugh.

I got out of the car dragging my feet across the floor as i opened the back door to the staff room, and there I saw the happy and naturally beautiful Jessica. Before I could even look up from the dirty floor she pulled me in a hug, as she always does.

"Ashley! how was your da-"she paused as I looked at her, mind you I have bags under my eyes, red eyes from bawling my eyes out, no makeup, horrible hair, and glasses thinking that it would hide my hideous face.

"what happened?" she questioned looking concerned "Adam broke up with me, he kicked me out, but I don't want to talk about it, and really I'm not in the mood for anything right no-" she cut me of pulling me into a big hug as I hugged her back.